X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barry52
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2012

It took me all morning to unpack it so now I have to assemble it. Let’s hope it is not like IKEA furniture with a bit missing.

Barry
    A767E7E2-694D-4945-B329-8B4333C6F897.jpg
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Ellie
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Donkeyboy View Post
      We went to one of my besties for an illicit barbeque 6 up today! Is that ok????
      You have answered your own question. Had it been an OK thing to do, you would not have had to use the word illicit.
      ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Ellie
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2012

If you've any problems, Barry, my 16yo daughter is a genius in assembling IKEA flatpacks

Wishing you many a happy hour on the exercise bike - with your track record though, I have to say "don't fall off"! Am tempted to suggest putting crash mats either side of you

Love Ellie.
        Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
          Forum Member
          • May 2017

Bloomin' heck Barry!

How many cc is that super machine?

Doug
          Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Barry52
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2012

Hi Ellie and Doug,

I read through the assembly manual and on several pages it says requires 2 people to assemble. I wish it had said 2 people to unpack as my chest and arms ache now. It will have to remain in bits until my wife comes over on Friday.

Love,
            Barry
            I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
              Forum Member
              • May 2017

Times two!

Today I received a warrant from NS&I telling me I’ve won £50 on the premium bonds, which my father gave me about forty years ago! Every little helps.

But….but…..much more importantly, my OT has just left with her extensive toolkit that she used for an hour customizing my Salsa M2 Mini Quickie powerchair. Amazing machine!

I don’t know whether I should adorn it with L-plates or a black prancing horse symbol.

Stay safe as lockdown disintegrates around us!

Doug
              Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Ellie
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2012

Woohoo on both fronts Doug!! The money will buy a nice bottle of red with which to toast your dad

Hope it's comfy and that you get much use from it, albeit you're a bit limited in where you can go just now, or maybe not?

Am half afraid to ask if the correct neuro spec chair was delivered...

Love Ellie.

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2017

Thanks Ellie(K)

Yes, this morning was a lovely morale boost. I've been feeling a bit low recovering from a tummy bug.

Yes, as far as I know. It was specified by my MND OT. It seems to have every possible tilt mechanism, head rest and dual control. She's getting me a better ramp to go with it to make it easier to leave the house. Then I've got plenty of countryside space to ramble in. It's very comfy. She said it had an 8-mile range. We'll see!

Love

Doug x
                  Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Deb
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2018

That's great news Doug and I am glad you're feeling better,

I have a salsa mini chair like yours and it is comfortable enough for me to spend all day in and transfer to my riser recliner in the evening.

Initially I had lots of adjustments to the footrests and tried different cushions and backrests so ask if you feel something isnt right . Wheelchair services were happy to come out until it was right! ( at least they seemed happy , they may have been cursing me ) and will continue to adapt it. They also changed the battery to make it safe to take on a plane. It has a really good range but I panic when the red light comes on !

Hope the sun shines and you are out and about in the countryside soon.

Love Debbie x

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2017

Many thanks Deb for your positive views on the Salsa Mini. That's very encourging to hear. My OT said she'd change anything as necessary.

I'd like to hear more about that change of battery and flying. But to avoid boring everyone with the details I'll PM you.

Hugs

Doug
                      Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Beemer
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2020

Some recent positives are the inevitable delivery (Jun 01) of a Configura rise and recline chair (anyone got one that can comment?), and PIP, Blue Badge acceptance.
                        Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
                        Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
                        Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Comment

• Ellie
                          Forum Member
                          • Oct 2012

Oh the things we now celebrate

Is it a dual motor armchair?

Comment

• Hayls
                            Forum Member
                            • Jul 2019

Oooo can’t wait to receive my duel motor riser recliner and we has a phone call from our WAV dealership and hope to get it out to us next week , oh happy days )

Comment

• matthew55
                              Forum Member
                              • May 2020

My good thing was having mashed bananas in a little vanilla yogurt. 😊
                              Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

• Deb
                                Forum Member
                                • May 2018

It is surprising what we celebrate although I initially read this as mashed potato in yogurt ! Hmm!

My good thing this week has been sitting in the sunshine. It was my husband's birthday yesterday. I managed to organise a prosecco and cake delivery left outside and coordinate family to stand at the end of the garden ( in household groups at different times ! ) to sing to him. I'm sure the neighbours thought not that song again !

I wanted him to have a sunny birthday because, like many partners he has been in the house for 10 weeks . I enjoyed the fizz and cake too !

Take care and stay safe, everyone.
                                Love Debbie x

Comment

Working...
                                X