• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • denise
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2020

Oh Debbie that's wonderful news.
    xxx
    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

• GaryM
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2020

Had a day out on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway today. Something I've been meaning to do for the last few years. Lovely day for it. Restored Victorian carriages more than a hundred years old. Wanted to get it done before I need a wheelchair. They didn't do accessible in Victorian times.
      Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

• Jeanette Pearce
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2020

Thank you for your welcome... Wow, Gary, you have had a tough time too. You said you thought it was MND... early on... I had no idea and thought it was ME... my sister knew someone who had MND and when I had my diagnosis she said she had a feeling it was but couldnโ€™t tell me.
        Itโ€™s good that you are able to get about without a wheelchair. Glad you had a good day out.
        I have the ability to cope with this and I can still be the best person I can be. This is my life - if I am happy others around me are happy too

Comment

• GaryM
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2020

Here's some good news for you Jeanette Pearce . You are now in the privileged position of being able to eat as many cakes, puddings and sweets as you like without putting any weight on. One thing I regret though is that I hadn't heard of voice banking until it started affecting my speech and even then I was still hoping that my doubts about the diagnosis were unfounded, so didn't do anything about it until recently. I would advise anyone with a diagnosis to look into voice and message banking, it doesn't cost anything until you need the voice.

Comment

• petermessi
            Forum Member
            • May 2020

Thanks for your appreciation Deb.congratulations for your son. I pray for you that your dreams comes true. Live your life very happily and enjoy your life

Comment

• denise
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2020

I kicked off my trainers. Then i noticed something about 2 inches long and hairy that seemed to come out of my shoes. Panic! What to do? Run or try and catch it with the brush and dustpan. Image my relief when I realised it was my hair tie. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Comment

• Barry52
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2012

I celebrated today.

Following yesterdayโ€™s announcement about the tier two restrictions in Nottinghamshire, both my daughters were in contact to ask if they could see me before the deadline on Wednesday.

Josie came over for lunch and Michelle came for dinner. I suspect they think it may be a while before we can meet up again. Busy day for me doing a fry up for lunch and a casserole for dinner but it was lovely to see them.
                Iโ€™m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Tess
                  Forum Member
                  • Apr 2020

That's lovely Barry!

But is there not an exception in place for those who are terminally ill? I read an article 2 weeks ago as a terminally ill cancer patient questioned the restrictions with such limited time left.
                  So if I'm being honest we've decided that my partner's parents can still pop in once a week provided they're well.

Comment

• denise
                    Forum Member
                    • Jun 2020

My son and his partner are visiting. We've had a lovely time enjoying meals and chatting. It's given Stephen an incentive to eat, I've been worried that he's not been eating enough. I shall miss them when they leave for the UK.

Comment

• GaryM
                      Forum Member
                      • Aug 2020

I got my PIP claim back today, after waiting almost three months. Awarded the full amount, which was nice. At least my wife doesn't have to phone them up again to tell them I've got worse. I think of it as an advance payment of the state pension that I probably won't see, after paying NI for forty years.

Comment

• matthew55
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2020

Welcome to the club ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚
                        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

• SueM
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2020

Originally posted by GaryM View Post
                          I got my PIP claim back today, after waiting almost three months. Awarded the full amount, which was nice. At least my wife doesn't have to phone them up again to tell them I've got worse. I think of it as an advance payment of the state pension that I probably won't see, after paying NI for forty years.
                          Hi Gary, Iโ€™ve got the forms to fill in, wasnโ€™t sure when the right time would be to apply. I too am thinking that I will be lucky to get my pension so at least I will hopefully get something for all the years of NI.
                          love Sue x

Comment

• matthew55
                            Forum Member
                            • May 2020

It's worth checking for old work pensions as they can be paid out
                            Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

• Shaun
                              Forum Member
                              • Jan 2020

Originally posted by GaryM View Post
                              Hi Gary,
                              hope you donโ€™t mind me asking, Iโ€™m 2 months in since applying, did you have a phone interview or straight forward claim approved,
                              ( Iโ€™m not expecting full award as Iโ€™m still mobile)
                              shaun
                              As long as thereโ€™s golf and beer Iโ€™m happy

Comment

• matthew55
                                Forum Member
                                • May 2020

Off topic but my MND will kill me before I loose mobility. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Comment

Working...
                                X