No announcement yet.

Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m so happy that everyone who was able to get out enjoyed their day. Let’s hope that we can now enjoy some freedom after a year of isolation. Looking forward to my booster jab next Sunday.
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

My daughter sent me this beautiful video, don't know if anyone else has seen it?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Js0QG...UxiHxhJ13McXv0
      Love, Heather x
      Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather R View Post
        My daughter sent me this beautiful video, don't know if anyone else has seen it?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Js0QG...UxiHxhJ13McXv0
        Love, Heather x
        Thank you for sharing Heather.

Comment

Thank you Heather,

Beautiful film ! Looks a little chilly but it must be an amazing experience. X

Comment

Been doing some physio's exercises

Today managed to coax a tiny bit of movement out of my right foot.

Doug

Comment

Well done Doug. It's nice to see improvement.
              love and hugs Denise xxx

Comment

Good to hear that, Doug - any chance the carer can help keeping the joints moving? xx
                ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Great news Doug and I hope you can continue the therapy.

My good news story from today about celebrating was a video meeting with the Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire groups where we shared life stories without a mention of MND. 1 hour and 30 minutes passed by quickly with a lot of laughter and everyone felt better afterwards. I don’t have much speech but they are patient and understanding so I don’t feel isolated plus there is always the text option. Laughter is a wonderful medicine.
                  I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Today was a long time coming…

My 4 besties came to my house today, the first time in 16 months I’ve seen them in person!! We’re all double jabbed but sat outside mostly and had a good old chat and more than a few laughs.

It was a lovely abnormal/normal thing to do - let the good times roll, woohoo. 🎉🎉🎊🎊 xx

Comment

My good thing today, forcing myself to cook a proper meal, when I feel like just sleeping instead, so I had (drumroll):

Vegan bolognese, whole wheat spaghetti, garlic bread, with grated vegan cheez on top, the only thing missing being the red wine. A tiny bit of bread was graciously accepted by my hairy assistant. Burp!

I am now heading towards the gin. Chin chin!
                      Carer for Dad - MND (ALS) 22/4/21 and Mum Alzheimers 26/5/21.

Girding my loins and grinding my battle axe for them both... https://forum.mndassociation.org/cor...ilies/wink.png

Comment

So lovely to hear good news! Yippee !

it's great you spent time with your friends Ellie and had a good catch up ! It gives us such a boost to do " normal "things ! I have a couple of friends that stood outside and looked through the window blowing kisses even on the coldest days of lockdown. It was lovely to sit outside with them this week.

Well done for cooking positive vibes .. it sounds scummy.

Heres to more good things!
                        Love Debbie x

Comment

Thanks Debbie xx

Comment

Glad you’ve had a good day meeting up with friends Ellie makes you feel so much better 🥰 we had a nice little visit from 2 granddaughters and 2 Great grandchildren who were enjoying the little fairy garden grandad had made for them ❤️❤️
                            Janette x

Comment

You're right Janette, gave me a great boost.

You look much too young to have great grandchildren, btw! Bet the bar wasn't open today 😍

Comment

I am lol 😂 Phil is older than me they’re from his kids, I’ve got younger grandchildren than his great grandchildren x
                                Janette x

Comment

Working...
                                X