Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dina,

I was so happy and pleased for you, when I read your good news today. Thank you for kindly keeping us up-to-date with how things are going. It's very thoughtful of you to keep in touch with us, despite the difficult circumstances and tough challenges you are faced with.

... and many thanks for the kind words of support and advice, you regularly offer us!

Love Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 16 October 2019, 17:24.

Comment

I'm blubbing happy tears for you!

Comment

Wishing you all the best Dina

Wonderful news

xox

Comment

Thanks, Kayleigh. I may have given support and advice (I am very fond of telling people what to do! Ha ha ha.) but I really welcomed and needed the support of members. But that's what this forum is about, isn't it? And it seems to work pretty well, doesn't it?

Thank you, Miranda - I've done that today, as well.

Thanks, CC. The thought of returning home when I have deteriorated so much is a bit scary.
          Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Kayleigh. Quote: If you are not familiar with Bingo calls, please click on the link below:-

When I called bingo numbers at my local club in my 20’s I would use some of these but many are no longer PC.

Love,
            Barry x
            I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Kayleigh, thank you for your post using all those bingo calls - very clever!
              Dina

Comment

Very impressive Barry!

You are a man of many talents - not only the Sugar Daddy of the British Sugar Industry, you are 'Barry the Bingo Caller' too... and it looks like you and your bingo balls are still busy! .... looking forward to seeing you on Monday from 4pm at Lily's Bar LOL .....

http://https://m.facebook.com/527821680687787/photos/today-from-4pm-we-have-barry-the-bingo-caller-giving-away-the-cash-prizes-that-a/1347491078720839/

I must admit, I did glance through the list of Bingo calls I posted, to make sure they were PC - and number 77 ('Sunset Strip') possibly looked a bit iffy! - but I take it that it's a reference to the place in the USA (rather than the adult-entertainment club in London, of the same name!) LOL.

Love Kayleigh x
                Last edited by Kayleigh; 16 October 2019, 21:25.

Comment

Fantastic news, Dina

Comment

Thanks, Chrissie. I can hardly believe it.

Today's good things: meeting the carers went well yesterday, they all practised on me with the Cough Assist and all 'passed' the training. Phew! Two more groups today and one tomorrow. Oh dear, I'm getting a bit over-excited.
                    Dina

Comment

Pleased that carer training is progressing, Dina, even though it must be tiring and/or repetitive (aka a pain in the bum after the 5th demonstration) but soooo worth it if it means you get home.

Don't blame you getting over-excited!

Love Ellie.
                      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
                      Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Definitely tiring, Ellie!
                        Dina

Comment

I hope you can have a relaxing evening Dina - and hopefully tomorrow will be more restful for you.
                          Love Kayleigh x

Comment

Fantastic news for you Dina, so pleased for you.

Steve is also coming home next week. Our coordinator from the care company has been to see us today and next Wednesday is the day. Can’t wait. She is doing a home visit tomorrow. Most of the team have been trained on his equipment in house and the final ones will get trained by our MND respiratory/ ventilation nurse on Monday. Care plans will be exchanged and hopefully all will be ok. Just hope that he doesn’t get ill in the meantime. We are having 2 calls a day, morning and evening and 7 nights so I can sleep and should then be refreshed to face the day.

Sue

Comment

Oh Sue, that is definitely something else to celebrate!!

Getting 7 overnights is fantastic, but necessary - I'm thrilled for you.

Fingers crossed that Steve stays well and can get home to you and the new care package.

Love to you both,
                              Ellie xx
                              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
                              Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Pleased for you both, Sue & Steve;

Hope you can rest, be a bit hard first time or two.

Love Terry
                                TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X