Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kayleigh,

Phew, I'm glad you realised I was joking! By the way, I love the way you grovel so well. Ha ha ha. And your extra-corny jokes were brilliant. The ward has run out of cornflakes so at least I'll be able to have breakfast tomorrow!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

Hi Dina,

Phew! I'm glad you've confirmed you weren't being serious! LOL

LOL. Otherwise, I might have looked like a right numpty - especially if you'd "scorned" me, postIng "What are you going on about Kayleigh? - I wasn't joking!!". But, being the banter-babe I am, I would have thought that was just 'bants' too! LOL

If you need more cornflakes for breakfast, there's a corner shop I know in Runcorn, called 'Corny's Corn-venience Store' that stocks it. I could ask Mr Cornelius to send you some!

He also stocks packets of peppercorns (next to the tins of corn-chowder) and cartons of cornets (close to the tubs of popcorn flavoured ice-cream and 'Cornettos').

'Corny's' also supplies cornflour and cornflower (but make sure you order the right one, especially if you want to use it to thicken your custard or gravy! LOL).

Also, I understand that 'Corny's' have just cornered the market in pet corn-fed unicorns! - yes, I know, it sounds a bit crazy (pet unicorns that only eat corn? LOL) - but don't worry, if you buy one of the unicorns and run out of corn, I understand they are also very happy to be fed acorns too!

I was going to offer you more kernels for your breakfast but, as the saying goes, that might be "over-egging the pudding" a bit - or, indeed, "over-corning the cob!" LOL

Hugs
      Kayleigh x

Comment

Hi Kayleigh

Thank you for the cornucopia of corn.

I’m only going to whisper this as I don’t want to jinx it but I MAY BE GOING HOME ON THURSDAY !!!

Woohoo! *jumps for joy (and nearly breaks wheelchair)
        Last edited by Gillette; 22 October 2019, 11:52.
        Dina

Comment

That's wonderful news Dina! I hope all goes well on Thursday.
          Love,
          Kayleigh x
          Last edited by Kayleigh; 22 October 2019, 12:17.

Comment

Oh Dina, that is the news we've ALL been waiting for!!

Everything still crossed for Thursday.

Love Ellie.
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Yippee! That's great news Dina.

Hope everything goes well on Thursday. I've got everything I can crossed for you.

Love Debbie x

Comment

That's great news Dina if it definitely happens. Good luck and enjoy your long awaited freedom. Lynne
                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
                I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Good news Dina, fingers crossed for Thursday.
                  Sheila x

Comment

That's fabulous news Dina!

Thanks for letting us know. I had been getting worried.

Now calm down and stop jigging about like a Doll-in-the-Box. You'll pull out the plumbing!

All fingers crossed, which makes typing this damn difficult.

But how are the rest of the ward and staff going to manage once their ray of sunshine departs?

Hugs

Doug

Comment

Ha ha ha, Doug. They’ve organised a massive party at a club called Caesar’s for Thursday night to celebrate getting shot of me!

No, seriously, thank you everyone. I haven’t dared believe it would happen until today. Thank you all for your support. I’ve had some dreadfully low days, watching my abilities shrink whilst the CHC dragged its heels. I can’t tell you how much the support I’ve received from forum members has meant to me. Isn’t it great that we have this forum space and can help each other ?
                      Dina

Comment

Hi Dina;

What's great about this thread, is I think you were just trying to have a bit of positively from a very negative situation.

You were really down and a lesser person would have just buried themselves under the blankets.

Yes we tried to support you but it's your strength that got you through.

So hopefully, " Celebrate the GOOD THINGS ", will have a good result very soon.

Hugs Terry
                        TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Thanks, Terry.

You’re partly right about why I began this thread but I hope members will use it to help them to get through days when they may be struggling or to help and encourage others to try to find something positive in their lives.
                          Dina

Comment

Hi Dina,

We could have a forum-family welcome home celebration for you Dina!

I was thinking about a 1970's themed party (as so many forum members remember the 1970's so well!...naming no names! LOL).

As Barry is such a sweetie, there will be a sweet trolley with Black Forest Gateau and Crepes Suzette.

A savoury buffet is essential too (especially as Lynne much prefers savoury to sweet food) - and I will ensure it includes vegetarian options for Andy and Ellie.

Perhaps cheese fondue, prawn cocktail, cheese & pineapple on sticks and vol-au-vents would be 1970's enough?! (I had to make a bit of a guess about that, because I was just a toddler back then! LOL).

One of Sugar Daddy's sugar-babes is bringing her candy cart, with everyone's favourites.

... including Kit-Kats for Sheila, chilli-chocolate and Mars for Doug, fruit & nut snacks for Terry, and Snowflake bars for Ellie (it seems like Sugar Daddy has a contact at Cadburys who has a secret stash of them LOL). And for you Dina, there will be plenty of Caramacs!

.... also, undoubtably, Doug will be arriving with a box of Milk Tray, especially for you!

At the bar, there will be plenty of fine wine & vintage champagne (especially for Doug) - which will include, of course, a bottle or two of Barry's favourite Italian wine!

... and I don't think a 1970's party would be complete without Mateus Rose! (not exactly fine wine, but the empty bottles can make quite attractive candle holders!). Someone might enjoy 1970's 'home brew'? (and It will definitely be well brewed by now!! LOL).

A barista will serve Costa Coffee - and, of course, there will be lots of extra portions of cream available, especially for Terry.

...and I think I read, Dina, that you sometimes like milk to drink? - the barista assures me that there will be plenty available, and it can be served at whatever temperature you request!

I'll keep the champagne on ice -and, don't worry, I'll leave ALL my corn at home! LOL

.... but I can't promise that, when I start to pour the champagne, plenty of my bubbly-banter won't be freely flowing too! LOL

... and I have booked 'Big Gees Music Thread' to provide the entertainment! LOL

Love Kayleigh x

PS Mr Cornelius (of Corny's Corn-venience Store) said he'll provide the floral decorations - bunches of Cornish cornflours! (Oops ... I'm sure he meant cornflowers! LOL) And he asked me to pass on his many corn-gratulations about your good news!
                            Last edited by Kayleigh; 23 October 2019, 08:15.

Comment

Hi Kayleigh,

You have been reading my recipes as I am cooking a birthday meal for our daughter tonight. If someone can pick Dina up and you all can get here by 7pm, everyone is welcome. Not sure if Ellie and CC have time to make it. We start with scallops and Stornaway black pudding, followed by shank of veal (Italian style) and finish of with chocolate torte. Drinks are English fizz (often better than champagne) , Italian wine of my daughter’s choosing and a red dessert wine. I will sit on my walker to cook and transfer to my wheelchair before drinking (safety first).

Please keep promoting those lovely sweet things as it boosts my pension lol. I almost forgot the music so here’s something from the 70’s https://youtu.be/6GxWmSVv-cY

Better go now as I have lots to do.

Love,
                              Barry
                              I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Count me in - I LOVE TO PARTY Manchester is only a hop away!!

You'll have to have cartoons - The Hair Bear Bunch, Wacky Races, The Clangers - I'll bring the videos, I'm sure someone has an old VHS player hoarded

Dina deserves a blow out going home party.

Love Ellie.
                                ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                                Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Working...
                                X