Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry52
    replied
    Great news Doug and I hope you can continue the therapy.

My good news story from today about celebrating was a video meeting with the Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire groups where we shared life stories without a mention of MND. 1 hour and 30 minutes passed by quickly with a lot of laughter and everyone felt better afterwards. I don’t have much speech but they are patient and understanding so I don’t feel isolated plus there is always the text option. Laughter is a wonderful medicine.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Good to hear that, Doug - any chance the carer can help keeping the joints moving? xx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Well done Doug. It's nice to see improvement.
    love and hugs Denise xxx

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Been doing some physio's exercises

Today managed to coax a tiny bit of movement out of my right foot.

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Thank you Heather,

Beautiful film ! Looks a little chilly but it must be an amazing experience. X

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Originally posted by Heather R View Post
    My daughter sent me this beautiful video, don't know if anyone else has seen it?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Js0QG...UxiHxhJ13McXv0
    Love, Heather x
    Thank you for sharing Heather.

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    My daughter sent me this beautiful video, don't know if anyone else has seen it?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Js0QG...UxiHxhJ13McXv0
    Love, Heather x

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    I’m so happy that everyone who was able to get out enjoyed their day. Let’s hope that we can now enjoy some freedom after a year of isolation. Looking forward to my booster jab next Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Originally posted by Deb View Post
    Thank you for reminding us to get out in the sunshine Barry. I felt really nervous being out and it is a big effort. However it really helps physically and mentally to be in the 🌞. Its really lifted my mood today.
    Apologies to those of us unable to get out x
    Lovely smiling faces 🤗 I can’t wait to get out, my time will come 😊 glad you had a great day and enjoyed the sun ☀️ Love Janette x

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    It’s been a beautiful sunny day and enjoyable too.My son and his 5 children came to our garden and 4 of them had their hair cut by my son.I was in my wheelchair and how easily the children seem to accept that transition and were happy to give me a push in it.
    I can’t offer a photo as my IT skills are very limited.
    I must get the eldest granddaughter to show me how to upload .Being outdoors certainly gives me the feel good factor.I am aware for some people they may not be able to get outdoors at all or easily.On the days I can’t go out I love looking out of the window at the flowers, birds etc.
    Great to see the photos on here today.
    Best wishes
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Fabulous photo.
    Seeing smiley faces other than emoji ones is lovely

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Thank you for reminding us to get out in the sunshine Barry. I felt really nervous being out and it is a big effort. However it really helps physically and mentally to be in the 🌞. Its really lifted my mood today.
    Apologies to those of us unable to get out x
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Looked really nice Barry. I'm looking forward to seeing my family at sometime. 😯

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Hello friends,

Thanks for your kind comments. I understand that we may feel nervous about venturing out but the benefits emotionally and psychologically are huge. For many it will take a huge effort but I urge you to try. I don’t recommend the bench I sat on as it took me ages to get my legs in and the taxi for our return was leaving as I tried to get out. It was only Sue chasing after him that ensured we got a ride home.

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Great photo Barry 🤗

Leave a comment:

Working...
X