Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denise
    replied
    My son and his partner are visiting. We've had a lovely time enjoying meals and chatting. It's given Stephen an incentive to eat, I've been worried that he's not been eating enough. I shall miss them when they leave for the UK.

Leave a comment:

• Tess
    replied
    That's lovely Barry!

But is there not an exception in place for those who are terminally ill? I read an article 2 weeks ago as a terminally ill cancer patient questioned the restrictions with such limited time left.
    So if I'm being honest we've decided that my partner's parents can still pop in once a week provided they're well.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    I celebrated today.

Following yesterday’s announcement about the tier two restrictions in Nottinghamshire, both my daughters were in contact to ask if they could see me before the deadline on Wednesday.

Josie came over for lunch and Michelle came for dinner. I suspect they think it may be a while before we can meet up again. Busy day for me doing a fry up for lunch and a casserole for dinner but it was lovely to see them.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    I kicked off my trainers. Then i noticed something about 2 inches long and hairy that seemed to come out of my shoes. Panic! What to do? Run or try and catch it with the brush and dustpan. Image my relief when I realised it was my hair tie. 😊

Leave a comment:

• petermessi
    replied
    Thanks for your appreciation Deb.congratulations for your son. I pray for you that your dreams comes true. Live your life very happily and enjoy your life

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Here's some good news for you Jeanette Pearce . You are now in the privileged position of being able to eat as many cakes, puddings and sweets as you like without putting any weight on. One thing I regret though is that I hadn't heard of voice banking until it started affecting my speech and even then I was still hoping that my doubts about the diagnosis were unfounded, so didn't do anything about it until recently. I would advise anyone with a diagnosis to look into voice and message banking, it doesn't cost anything until you need the voice.

Leave a comment:

• Jeanette Pearce
    replied
    Thank you for your welcome... Wow, Gary, you have had a tough time too. You said you thought it was MND... early on... I had no idea and thought it was ME... my sister knew someone who had MND and when I had my diagnosis she said she had a feeling it was but couldn’t tell me.
    It’s good that you are able to get about without a wheelchair. Glad you had a good day out.

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Had a day out on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway today. Something I've been meaning to do for the last few years. Lovely day for it. Restored Victorian carriages more than a hundred years old. Wanted to get it done before I need a wheelchair. They didn't do accessible in Victorian times.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Oh Debbie that's wonderful news.
    xxx

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    It's lovely how much you appreciate your parents Peter.

My happy news is that my son and his wife are expecting a baby. Their news is so exciting and gives me a fresh perspective. I don't know how I've kept it quiet!

When I was first diagnosed I felt I didn't want any medical interventions and I just wanted to see our children settled. Now I would accept anything that will keep me going as long as possible.

Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• petermessi
    replied
    i am very happy to have very good parents who care me from morning to night. It is my duty to protect them and makes them happy. When they are happy i am very happy

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Getting home after being at the hospital

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    When it's been raining for days and then the sun comes out.

when the electricity has been off for sometime and then it's back on.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Being on holiday when our kids were small. Sitting in the caravan, playing games and reading books because it was raining. The sound of the rain on the roof was calming and being together as a family was wonderful.

Leave a comment:

• Betty sitbon
    replied
    You are all uplifting wonderful new friends who I am proud to know. Matthew I wish your dreams were movies! I bet we would all love seeing those! Shaun I can picture your town just from your few words.i am grateful to have a partner who keeps working so hard to figure things out to be here with me.and I am grateful to be part of this new family here

Leave a comment:

Working...
X