Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter
    replied
    Hello All- thank you very much for the feedback. Went for a Cmat in the end with hand / foot control as extra. We went to collect in the car but it would not fit! However their distribution guys were brilliant and delivered it following day by 0900. Hopefully when installed will make life easier. Take care everyone.

Leave a comment:

• johnburton
    replied
    Hi Hunter,
    I did much the same a year ago. I went for a Closomat, as it is considerably less expensive than a Gerberit. The Closomat has worked well for me.
    John

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Hi Hunter,

Closomats seem to be installed more often than the Geberit for some reason and, if they come with the foot control, that seems the logical way to go. And good to hear that Shrew's late husband, Mick, had no problems with it.

One thing; if it has foot controls, does it still have hand controls too?

However, if you have to pay for it, the Bio Bidet option is worth checking out. (I've one but need someone to press the buttons for me as neither my feet nor hands have dexterity nor strength)

If you are paying for it and the whole wet room, you may get a grant towards it from the MNDA.

Did you get help and input from an OT in its design and fittings?

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• shrew
    replied
    We had a wet room and the closimat toilet for Mick. It has a foot control. In fact I am still waiting for it to be removed. Since he passed I have no use for it. I contacted Social Services In july, then I had a phone call about a month ago checking they had swapped it, but still no news. He managed well with it

Leave a comment:

• Hunter
    started a topic What toilet?

What toilet?

I'm surely having a wet room built and am looking for advice regarding the best toilet to buy. Going forward's I am steadily losing the use of my hands so clearly need to consider foot control as a sensible long-term option. At the moment my legs are okay thankfully. Having spoken to the bio bidet distributor they do not come with foot control as standard although can be modified by a company based in York apparently. Closomat is the other obvious contender although I see on this forum references to Gerberit.
    Could anyone offer advice on the choice I should make based on my situation? Any help really really appreciated. Thank you!
Working...
X