Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deb
    replied
    Thank you for your post Steve and for offering tips to MND people and carer.

Quality of care is so important for quality of life so thank you for supporting your local hospice.

Love and best wishes to you and your family,
    Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• stev50
    replied
    Hello to all those who kindly responded,
    As you can see I have been off line for a short while. We finally laid Doreen to rest on 27th December, attended by her family, friends and warmly by some of her carers. Clearly not a great Christmas but there are no predictions with MND, hopes yes, but no guarantees
    I thought a long time about how to further contribute to Doreen's fight against MND. One clear message came through to me was that the quality of care was important in the quality of life for those who have MND.
    What we as a family decided was to support our local Hospice , Alice House, Hartlepool, donations instead of flowers at the funeral and continuing fund raising. Without respite care I could not have managed the increasing demands of one to one care for Doreen.
    I will monitor this site and post if I can help with tips on how to cope, particularly with for those who feel over whelmed
    Love to you all Steve

Leave a comment:

• Devonmaid
    replied
    Sorry to hear about your Doreen's passing at what should be a happy time of year. I hope the funeral went well. Take Care - I lost my darling husband in October, so can understand a bit of what you are going through

Leave a comment:

• LesleyJ
    replied
    Sending love Steve

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Hi Steve;

You seem to have to fight for everything as a carer or a person struggling with Mnd. Things could be so much easier without the extra frustration and unneeded stress.

Hope all goes smoothly.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• stev50
    replied
    Thank you all for your kind responses. Doreen will be laid to rest on 27th December, but as usual, not without a fight !
    regards Steve

Leave a comment:

• chrissie57
    replied
    So sorry for your e

Leave a comment:

• miranda
    replied
    Thinking of you.

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good afternoon Steve

I am so sorry to hear your news, but warmed to hear of the way in which you were able to say goodbye

Please accept my condolences for your loss

Leave a comment:

• shrew
    replied
    So sorry Steve xx

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Steve, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved wife.

I hope you have love and support around you and that in time your memories of happier times will bring you comfort.

Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Sorry to hear that your wife has gone, Steve;

Feeling for you all there.

RIP, Doreen.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Steve, thank you for thinking to post on the Forum at such a difficult time for you.

I am so sorry that your beloved D is gone - she was blessed to have you and your deep love which will last forever.

I'll always remember what you said to me privately Steve, it truly resonated with me - thank you.

Heartfelt condolences to you and to D's family and friends.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Steve I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your wife and I hope you took some comfort from being with her at the end. Please accept my condolences and I hope you and your family can look back on happier times together.

Best wishes,
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Steve, I'm really sorry for your loss but it was the best possible end that D was in your arms with family in attendance. Take care all of you. You'll be in my thoughts, Lynne x

Leave a comment:

Working...
X