Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head up neck support

Hi everyone

I hope that everyone is coping with the dreary winter weather x I wondered if anyone is using the head up neck support? I really need a comfortable and supportive support for when I am in the little manual wheelchair and when tired x

Thanks Sarah x

Hi Sarah

I’ve just had a Headmaster’s neck support fitted and it’s fab. Not nearly as scary as its name suggests!

https://www.performancehealth.co.uk/headmaster-collars

Hope this is useful.

Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah,
      I have one.
      It's very comfortable and supports well but I need someone else to fit and remove it because of my restricted arm/hand mobility

Comment

Hi Sarah,

I have the HeadUp collar and find it good - it does need to be 'set up' properly, meaning the different strength and length support strips must be placed in the correct positions, but it's this tailoring to one's specific needs which sets it apart. (My physio set it up for me and checks it every so often or I have my husband change the support positions if necessary)

I also used the Headmaster but it gave me pressure areas on my upper ribs, even through padding and clothes so I had to stop wearing it, but it is good.

And there are plenty of collars out there so, if you don't get on with the 1st or 2nd one, don't despair!!

Love Ellie.
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Thanks everyone
          I do have the headmaster collar but it is very uncomfortable and hurts my chest. My Physio is coming on Tuesday so I will ask her to order one. Ellie did your Physio fit it or were you referred to orthotics? Thanks again Sarah x

Comment

Same for me re the Headmaster collar, Sarah, it hurt my chest quite a lot.

Yes, my Physio put on all the supports when she first gave me the HeadUp collar (it was called the Sheffield Snood then)

I find it very comfortable and supportive - it's not the prettiest though, so I jazzed up mine with brooches

Best of luck, it's well worth trying.

Love Ellie.
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Thanks Ellie x

Comment

Working...
              X