Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swollen ankles

Hi

Anyone else suffer with swollen ankles? Just started on overnight ventilator and used to be up 3 or 4 times a night needing a wee, but now sleep through the night

Ta

Hi Chris;

My ankles used to go down every night by rising my lower legs. I also found compression stockings useful some days.

Since my problems that started early November my ankles have been swollen all of the time.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Also try gentle massage, Christoff and move your knee, ankle & toe joints regularly, with help if necessary.

If you've any concerns it may need checking out, ask your GP or nurse.

Love Ellie.
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Since I’ve become less mobile I now suffer from swollen lower legs, at first my physio therapist suspected DVT but thankfully that was ruled out my team says it’s natural because I’m not using my legs very much, definitely follow Ellie’s advice, get a professional to check you out, good luck

Comment

Working...
        X