Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miranda
    replied
    Terry was thoughtful and caring towards others, even letting us know in his final post on here that he would soon be passing away. He will not be replaced on the forum but hopefully we can follow his example of supporting others. Deepest condolences to “grandad” and his family.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    That is the saddest news to read Richard. Terry was the kindest of men – knowledgeable, helpful, empathetic and funny.

If there is anything positive to be found amongst the awful news, it might be, at least compared to the terrible stories we’re hearing about people dying alone in ICU beds, that Terry and Linda were able to spend his last hours peacefully together. Something we might all hope for.

RIP Terry.

Doug

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good afternoon

I'm also very sorry to hear of Terry's death - he was a great help to me over the years both in terms of cheering me up and give me useful information and so if possible please add my condolences to those of Barry and those above to Linda and her family

Leave a comment:

• MNDConnect
    replied
    I'm so very sorry to hear about Terry's death. Terry has been a frequent poster on the forum for a long time and his posts have helped so many people. He was also always so concerned about the welfare of his forum friends and would let us know whenever he thought that someone needed our help.

Everyone here at MND Connect just wanted to pass on our condolences to Terry's family and friends. He will be very much missed.

Rachel
    MND Connect

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Hello Richard,

This news has deeply upset me however I am pleased to hear that Terry’s wife Linda was with him at the time. Words fail me at present but please pass on my condolences to Linda and the family. Your post will ensure that our forum family is advised of the passing of a friend who will be very much missed for his advice and support over many years.

R. I. P. Terry from a good friend.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• Hamster
    replied
    Hi Barry.
    I have to tell you that I had a phone call from Terry’s wife, Linda a short while ago to tell me that he sadly passed away around 10.45 am this morning.
    He was very peaceful and slipped away gently and no distress. Apparently Linda went outside his room at the Hospice earlier this morning and had a walk around the gardens there and when she got back into his room, she noticed that his breathing was quite shallow so she closed the door and held his hands whilst he gently slipped away.
    So many of us will miss him so much in our individual ways. A very special gentleman.
    I would very much appreciate it Barry if you will kindly let all his MND Forum friends know the sad news as I’m not sure of the best way to do this.
    Best Regards to you Barry. Richard (Grandad).

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Thanks for the link Doug.

I found the discussion informative and reassuring. I support the final point stressed by each professor was the need to have a discussion with family about advanced care directives.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    You can watch the full video here https://youtu.be/OM2BqdC4N34 .

Thanks Admin and Chris for a very helpful discussion. Reassuring in a way.

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Thanks for the update Richard. I am praying for Terry and I hope he pulls through. I’m sure everyone on this forum sends their best wishes to a man who over the years has given hope and encouragement to every family affected by MND.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• Hamster
    replied
    Hi Barry. Message from RICHARD (Grandad) to Terry.
    I have to tell you that Terry is now in St Elizabeth Hospice in Ipswich and is extremely unwell.
    It’s just possible that he may not survive bless him.
    His wife, Linda is staying with him at the moment and is in regular contact with me.
    Sadly, I’m unable to visit him because of Coronavirus.
    I’ll keep you updated.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    I've just received the following text from UK Gov -

NHS Coronavirus Service: Your condition means you are at high risk of severe illness if you catch Coronavirus. Please remain at home for 12 weeks unless a healthcare professional tells you to leave. You will get a letter from the NHS to confirm this.

Support is available for you if you need it to get help with getting food and basic care. Please complete this short form to tell us whether you need this: www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable.

If you cannot sign up on the website, call us on 0800 028 8327.

The NHS is still here for you. You will get the care you need, but it is more likely to be via phone or online.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    I have received an email from Asda saying they have me registered as a vulnerable person. I have placed an order but delivery is Saturday 18th April. Meanwhile a local butcher I use has started delivery of essentials so I am receiving eggs, bread and milk on Wednesday. I hope we all remember the local businesses that come to our aid when this is all over.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• Admin_MND
    replied
    Hi all,

We just wanted to let you know that we have updated our MND and coronavirus webpage https://www.mndassociation.org/mnd-and-coronavirus/

We have added a video from our expert panel who were answering a range of specific questions and concerns people living with MND have asked us about the impact of coronavirus on them, their condition and their care. You can watch the full video here https://youtu.be/OM2BqdC4N34 .

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    My husband is washing everything as it comes in too, Sue. Hope Steve is doing OK.

I got the same text this morning. I have a relative who works for a supermarket at their head office . He said they had not received any information from the government about allocating priority slots for delivery. If they did it could be a data protection issue if they were given access to medical details so they would have to contact people for consent.

I'm taking your advice seriously Barry about wine being essential supplies so I no longer feel guilty about adding a bottle ( or two ) to our shopping.

Hoping everyone stays safe and well and is able to get everything they need.
    Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Sueb
    replied
    Our shopping is left in bags outside the door now. I use gloves to handle everything and clean everything and put the bags in the outside bin.
    Hope you manage to get slots soon.. I found it better to put a few things in your basket checkout to get your slot then go Back in day before to put in the things you had forgotten..

I got the same text this morning after registering Steve.

Sue

Leave a comment:

Working...
X