No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Barry. Message from RICHARD (Grandad) to Terry.
    I have to tell you that Terry is now in St Elizabeth Hospice in Ipswich and is extremely unwell.
    It’s just possible that he may not survive bless him.
    His wife, Linda is staying with him at the moment and is in regular contact with me.
    Sadly, I’m unable to visit him because of Coronavirus.
    I’ll keep you updated.

Comment

Thanks for the update Richard. I am praying for Terry and I hope he pulls through. I’m sure everyone on this forum sends their best wishes to a man who over the years has given hope and encouragement to every family affected by MND.

Barry
      I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

You can watch the full video here https://youtu.be/OM2BqdC4N34 .

Thanks Admin and Chris for a very helpful discussion. Reassuring in a way.

Doug

Comment

Thanks for the link Doug.

I found the discussion informative and reassuring. I support the final point stressed by each professor was the need to have a discussion with family about advanced care directives.

Barry

Comment

Hi Barry.
            I have to tell you that I had a phone call from Terry’s wife, Linda a short while ago to tell me that he sadly passed away around 10.45 am this morning.
            He was very peaceful and slipped away gently and no distress. Apparently Linda went outside his room at the Hospice earlier this morning and had a walk around the gardens there and when she got back into his room, she noticed that his breathing was quite shallow so she closed the door and held his hands whilst he gently slipped away.
            So many of us will miss him so much in our individual ways. A very special gentleman.
            I would very much appreciate it Barry if you will kindly let all his MND Forum friends know the sad news as I’m not sure of the best way to do this.
            Best Regards to you Barry. Richard (Grandad).

Comment

Hello Richard,

This news has deeply upset me however I am pleased to hear that Terry’s wife Linda was with him at the time. Words fail me at present but please pass on my condolences to Linda and the family. Your post will ensure that our forum family is advised of the passing of a friend who will be very much missed for his advice and support over many years.

R. I. P. Terry from a good friend.

Barry

Comment

I'm so very sorry to hear about Terry's death. Terry has been a frequent poster on the forum for a long time and his posts have helped so many people. He was also always so concerned about the welfare of his forum friends and would let us know whenever he thought that someone needed our help.

Everyone here at MND Connect just wanted to pass on our condolences to Terry's family and friends. He will be very much missed.

Rachel
                MND Connect
                MND Connect
                Contact us on 0808 802 6262 or at [email protected]

Comment

Good afternoon

I'm also very sorry to hear of Terry's death - he was a great help to me over the years both in terms of cheering me up and give me useful information and so if possible please add my condolences to those of Barry and those above to Linda and her family
                  Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND. MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

That is the saddest news to read Richard. Terry was the kindest of men – knowledgeable, helpful, empathetic and funny.

If there is anything positive to be found amongst the awful news, it might be, at least compared to the terrible stories we’re hearing about people dying alone in ICU beds, that Terry and Linda were able to spend his last hours peacefully together. Something we might all hope for.

RIP Terry.

Doug

Comment

Terry was thoughtful and caring towards others, even letting us know in his final post on here that he would soon be passing away. He will not be replaced on the forum but hopefully we can follow his example of supporting others. Deepest condolences to “grandad” and his family.

Comment

I am very saddened to hear that Terry has left us. He was always so helpful to members of the forum, particularly new ones who were going through the anguish of being diagnosed with mnd. He will be sorely missed. RIP Terry and thank you for all your kindness and support. Philip and Carol

Comment

I didn’t see the news about Terry’s passing until just now. What a shock. He was so helpful to all of us and always upbeat, so will be sorely missed. RIP Terry.
                          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
                          I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

I have,just received this email from Waitrose. So presumably it’s because MND is now recognised? Or it could be my age (over 70)?

We’re writing to let you know that from today we are offering you priority access to both our home delivery and shop collection services.

This is because the Government has informed us you might find it easier to have your shopping delivered, or prepared for you in advance.

Comment

Hi Miranda,

I received the same email today so I guess that the government updated list has been sent to retailers. You may have received a letter from your GP confirming you are at extreme risk should you catch covid 19.

Best wishes,
                              Barry

Comment

Also had the email.

Doug

Comment

Working...
                                X