Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellie
    replied
    Good to know both I and your resp team are on the page!!

Take care of yourself Andy.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good afternoon Ellie

Thank you - I do have access to the settings but I wouldn't really know what to do with them.

My breathing team have come back remarkably quickly and said the following:

"You certainly are not being stupid and we all need to take all precautions that we can to reduce the risk of acquiring/spreading the virus. I would encourage you to work from home and limit your contact with multiple people , I am sure you are already doing this.
    If you were to develop symptoms the advice is to remain at home and you could use your nippy machine more often to alleviate any symptoms such as shortness of breath, if symptoms were extreme then we would advise attending hospital but only if they are severe. We would not want you to change the settings by yourself , you should ring myself and we can titrate settings over the phone as indicated. I would also liase with Dr XXX and keep him updated on matters."

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    If you have shortness of breath, you can use it more often. Obviously if symptoms are severe, you need medical advice and/or intervention.

If you feel settings are not optimal, preferably seek guidance on what setting(s) to change.

If there is a purple padlock symbol on the screen your machine is locked, if black padlock, you can change it yourself.

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    started a topic Nippy to help with Covid 19 symptoms

Nippy to help with Covid 19 symptoms

I was reflecting on the government's call to UK manufacturing plc to produce machines to help people breathe and it occurred to me I already have one machine the house already,

I want to know whether I can fiddle with the settings on my Nippy to help my breathing if I get infected and need to self isolate in such a way that it helps me survive .

It occurs to me as I type this I really ought to email my breath clinic but there may well be somebody here knows the answer to the question am I being really stupid or is there is some mileage in this
Working...
X