Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tess
    replied
    Congrats on the move! Or happy new home should I say.

Leave a comment:

• miranda
    replied
    Good to have you back here.

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    That was interesting - The site seemed to hang for a few moments I'm wondering if it was me or the MND a system

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good afternoon

Glad to say we now have some proper broadband back so feel like I'm coming back into the world!

Three weeks in and looking as to how we can do some more detail work on the place wherein to make it suitable for my eventual descent into whatever is going to be

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good evening again

Please be also warned that we are having some difficulty with the Internet supplier at our new property - I suspect I will be just down to using my mobile phone as a Wi-Fi tethering device for at least a fortnight so please do not expect to see me here very often until this gets sorted out

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good afternoon all

Thank you all for your good wishes.

As ever this kind of process brings my project manager skills into play - slightly befuddled by the fact that our new buyers don't seem to want to talk to us so over them when they want to sort out the complexities of handing over various things.

The new house is of the correct shape to be able to be amended for wheelchair use when needed - quite a relief!

It is also close to Southampton General Hospital MND centre which is partly why we chose it.

Leave a comment:

• miranda
    replied
    Great news for you. Make sure you know where your favourite tipple is packed so you can have a cuppa or something stronger when you arrive in your new home.

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    That's great news Andy,

Good Luck .. hope everything goes well for you. Take Care and try not to do too much. .

Love Debbie

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    That's marvellous news Andy!

Wishing you a smooth move

Bon voyage!

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Jer788
    replied
    Good luck Andy, it’s quite a push moving house regardless of the MND.
    Regards Jerry

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Fabulous news Andy - only 9 more sleeps

Plenty of hand sanitiser and wiping of surfaces me thinks.

You've ample time after the 18th to get the house right so don't overdo things.

Here's to a new, easier life for you both

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Hi Andy, that’s great news. I hope that all goes well and that your movers put all of your furniture and boxes exactly where they’re need so it’ll be easier for you and whoever is doing the unpacking. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Hi Andy,

Good news at last and good luck with the move. Remember to avoid any unnecessary contact and don’t try to help as is the temptation when someone else is handling your precious things.

I hope you settle in quickly and if you enjoy the south coast as much as I did in the 80’s then I know you will have made the right choice.

Best wishes,
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    started a topic Moving house

Moving house

For those of you that have been following this saga we now have a completion date for moving house of 18th of May 2020.

We seem to have sorted out most of the issues to do with coronavirus and our removers are members of the British Association of removal contractors or whatever they're called so are a bunch of professionals and will be properly dressed.

Wish us luck!
Working...
X