No announcement yet.

The daily dribble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I was just seated on the hand bike in the gym. It is my first exercise and I felt a sneeze coming and I was hoping that my wife would notice.

Needless to say, she never and I sneezed, uncontrollably. However I did manage to close my teeth so I did not bite my tongue or mouth but my head jerked forward and hit the machine and my knees clamped together hitting the machine as well causing pain. Also the watery stuff in my mouth went onto my lap.

Things hurt a bit for a few minutes but it any pain soon went away.

I just thought it was funny, saving my tongue but!

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Sounds like my kind of day terry ,apart from sneezing hope your keeping well matey and sorry for not keeping in touch but will try to do better now I’m settled in care home.

Pete

Comment

Hi Terry,

Your story scared me as next week I am planning to resume my gym exercises. I have not been since January and I have noticed my spasticity has worsened.

Pete,

It’s great to hear from you and I hope you settle in to your new surroundings. I trust you get lots of visitors.

Best wishes,
        Barry
        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Ouch Terry! Sounds like the type of event that would end up on YouTube if someone was mean enough to record it...

Still, at least your tongue is OK!!

E xx
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi Pete,

Lovely to hear from you.

I hope you're not too far from your family and the staff treat you well.

Take care,
            Love Ellie.

Comment

Oh dear first tooth, tongue and toes, and now head, shoulders, knees and toes ...what do we do with you ? LOL

This made me think of you

Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes - Exercise Song For Kids - YouTube
              www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4eueDYPTIg

In all seriousness I hope you OK and not to much pain was involved XOXO

Comment

Wonderful to be able to laugh at yourself Terry. Wonderful also to see my MND buddy, Pete, posting again.

Comment

Hi Miranda;

I didn't laugh straight away but it is ironic. We have so many issues, I guard against one and get two other hits that I never even dreamed of.

It took a couple of minutes to know that things were OKish and today I have a very very slight bruise/ache in my left knee.

Yes, it would be great to hear more from Pete mate and have his import on the racing thread among others.

Cc, I am quite well at the moment, I still have an issue with the cut under my tongue caused by the sharp tooth but it's not so bad now..

Barry, get your old skate board protective gear on, your boxing mouth guard and wear a bib if you're using a hand bike.

Ellie, yes I was so pleased that I saved my tongue, two weeks ago when I was having tooth, tongue problems, I bit my front lip and the front of ,my tongue causing bleeding within a minute of each other whilst eating.

Love Terry
                  TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Just to apologise for not keeping in touch with those who know me, I’m so sorry but I let myself down badly ,I hadn’t seen that my wife was finding it difficult to care for me as I became more and more reliant on her ,we argued more and a spell in Stafford hospital treated for constipation and waterworks problems thirteen catheters later and five weeks we decided that my deteriorating needing care and finding and funding my future in a care home.

We found one who took me in but anyone who has been involved in care home and all that means ,I didn’t handle the change in my life well and found it all alien And extremely upsetting still now some months have past I finally become content with my future , many many care homes have no experience of mnd so we my carers and I began too learn what I needed and now I have my favourites but most are kind and helpful others have no place in care . So too Miranda, Ellie, Terry, Barry, And anyone I’ve missed out I will try to be more involved in future

Much love

Pete

Comment

I think that we understand Pete mate;

Many of us are in similar situations or could be. Most of us go through spells of not posting as well, especially when going through hard times.

The thought of carehome's scares me because of the many different people looking after you and not being able to talk, etc.

Love Terry

Comment

Hi Pete,

Absolutely no need to apologise as we fully understand what you must have been going through. I have witnessed first hand members of my family adjusting to life in a care home and I admire your spirit and please don’t feel pressured to post regularly. We know you will be looking in.

With love and best wishes.
                        Barry
                        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Busy week this week.

I fear that most of it will be in bed after a ingrowing toe nail operation early Wednesday.

Monday dentist, such fun.

And my birthday later on in the week.

So 3 things to look forward to.

Love Terry

Comment

I hope you're not in too much pain Terry, and feel better quickly after operation.

Thinking of you.

(((Hugs)))

CCxoxo

Comment

Hope the dentist sorts out the pain tomorrow - pity it's not a BOGOF for the toenail.

I can't believe it's your birthday again! That came around quickly, or maybe you're like the Queen with 2 birthdays?? E xx

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                                Just to apologise for not keeping in touch with those who know me

Pete
                                Absolutely no need for you to apologise. Like Ellie - I'm sending virtual hugs. You've been a support to many on the forum and we've travelled this road together for a long time. Xx

Comment

Working...
                                X