The daily dribble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    Hope the dentist sorts out the pain tomorrow - pity it's not a BOGOF for the toenail.

I can't believe it's your birthday again! That came around quickly, or maybe you're like the Queen with 2 birthdays?? E xx
    Tooth pain went a week or so ago but I had to have a filling. I didn't bother with injections because I thought the nerve had been taken out, WRONG again. I have a couple of sensitive teeth but hopefully special tooth paste will lessen them.

You're find when you get my age Ellie, birthdays do get quicker and quicker.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Just back in bed after toe op.

It is still numb so no pain YET.

Sounds like it is going to be a big problem to walk on it for 2 weeks if I want it to mend.

Love Terry
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Terry
        I hope it's not too painful when the numbness wears off . You will have to be patient if they have told you that .
        Keep taking painkillers and antibiotics
        Keep smiling
        Love Chris

Comment

Hi Terry,

I hope your toe mends quickly and remember what the doctor told you. I got a telling off for weight bearing on my cast.

Barry x
          I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Hi Barry,

Aren't you on duty from today as our Travel Correspondent?? Maybe I got the Wednesdays mixed up or you're still in port?

Love Ellie.
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi Terry,

Glad it's over and done with.

Probably best not to go clubbing on your birthday Put your feet up and relax with Grandad.

Love Ellie.

Comment

Feel better fast

xox

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                  Hi Barry,

Aren't you on duty from today as our Travel Correspondent?? Maybe I got the Wednesdays mixed up or you're still in port?

Love Ellie.
                  You are spot on with the dates Ellie. I’m currently in the middle of the English Channel receiving you loud and clear on the ships WiFi. I seem to be never too far from my wonderful friends on this forum.

Love
                  Barry x

Comment

bon voyage,

Hope it's not too rough there.

Love Terry

Comment

Barry:
                      Trust life on the high seas is treating you well.
                      At least nobody can make you "walk the plank".

Charles

Comment

Hi Charles,

Tomorrow we are in Brest. Didn’t go ashore today in St. Malo as we were at anchor with a transfer ashore by tender and me and small boats are not a good combination plus I expect I would have fallen off the plank.

Barry

Comment

A great achievement for me today as I managed to walk 5 kilometres with my rollator. This is my first decent walk since breaking my leg 8 weeks ago. We have been on a cruise ship for 5 days and this is the first time ashore so I feel like it was worth the effort to see La Rochelle in France which is a beautiful town.

Barry

Comment

Hi Terry,

Since you didn't tell us which day your birthday was on, I hope you had a good day and your toe is on the mend.

Are you still putting your feet up??

Top Cat.jpg

Happy Birthday friend,

Love Chimp.

Comment

That's great to hear Barry - no significant deterioration from the break and weeks of non weight bearing is a victory!

Yes, La Rochelle is lovely. I spent many a holiday near the town and love the area.

Enjoy the rest of the cruise. I had a nosy a your ports of call and it's a lovely cruise - great itinerary!

Love Ellie.
                              Last edited by Ellie; 27 May 2018, 15:57.

Comment

Nice one my chimp friend;

Toe doing very well but as always Mnd makes things so much worse. It has been fine to weight bear on from the day after but I put so much forward pressure on it to stand and so much sideways force on it to walk, I have to wear footwear. But they all have there draw backs , I have some special boots which are comfortable but they have a rocker bottom and much to thick sole so I can't walk without help. I have some sandal type things but because the angle of my foot the toe goes off of the sole of it and hurts and I have also been using a flip flop taped on but that has bruised between my toes but we are using that when I need to stand or move.

Two days after the foot op a great piece of filling came out of my tooth that cut the tongue, so when my foot is better I'm going to have that out. The last one took him over an hour to take out and this one is a similar tooth.

Still I'm quite well and had a nice birthday. Cc again made it for me as she ordered a cake surprise for me not dissimilar to your picture.

Trust you are well.

Love TC

Comment

Working...
                                X