No announcement yet.

The daily dribble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, Barry, the Four Candles sketch is one of my all-time favourites. I don't think anyone could touch the Two Ronnies for word play. I saw them at the theatre in the 70's and they did a wonderful sketch based on amateur dramatics. One cast member had to read his part and, of course, there was a hiatus when he was turning the page which meant lots of double entendres. It was absolutely hilarious.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

You're in good company Kayleigh half of America can't understand what Trump is going on about, the other half speak his language.

xox

Comment

Darling Kayleigh

Thank you! You're wonderful what you track down on the Internet. And I really need a laugh at the moment. The pain in my shoulder and the restrictions it brings are really getting to me.

Those sideways extending front wheels would be brilliant stabilisers in real life anyway.

Tell Q that he needs to add the jetpack capabilty that Frenchman used recently to cross the Chanel, then I'll be very happy!

Big hug

Love

Doug x

Comment

Hi Doug,

Q said no problem about including a jet pack capability. He said it was actually him who invented it in the first place - and it's fake news that it was that French guy's invention!!! LOL

,,.. but how the heck could the French have nicked his idea??? - well, embarrassingly for Q, it involved him being seduced by a french waitress called Yvette at an 'Allo Allo' fancy dress party. He was trying to impress her with details of his jetpack invention (which wouldn't usually be the best chat-up line to seduce a lady with!) - but unfortunately for Q, the Yvette lookalike must have really been a French secret agent!

His indiscretion could have been worse though - if he'd been seduced by the young lady in 'The Fallen Madonna with the big b.....s' costume, goodness knows what other sensitive secrets he might have revealed?!!!

Anyway, the good news is that Q has invented a new and improved version of the jetpack .... so you should be able to 'leap frog' across the Channel in your wheelchair in no time! (20 minutes by that French guy was at a snail's pace! LOL)

... and when you get to France, Q would like you to purchase some refills for the wheelchair's built-in Champagne cooler (but, he says, try not to drink all of it on your way home! LOL )

Love and hugs,
          Kayleigh

P.S I wonder what happened to the 'Fallen Madonna' after filming for the 'Allo Allo' sit-com ended ?? LOL .....
          http://https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-bristol-46397261
          Last edited by Kayleigh; 19 August 2019, 15:40.

Comment

Any other GBBO fans ??

Although I can't eat any cakes or biscuits and at times I may resemble this thread title, I, and the whole family, love watching it (even without Queen Mary)

Love Ellie.
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

My wife and I like to watch it Ellie;

I thought that losing Queen Mary would be it's ruin but I like the dynamics of the new team.

Will have to play catch up as it's recorded and not yet watched.

Love TC

PS:- I can eat a little of most cakes and a bit more of others, I sometimes have a bit of extra cream, well what would you expect from The Cat
              TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Yes, I have to say I like the 4 presenters - wait until you see Mr Hollywood

Comment

Hi Dina,

We all have such drab life's, so what's happening in that exciting place?

I'm at the gym overlooking a pool full of women, but yet to have coffee and my nut and fruit snack.

Hope you are feeling well.

Love Terry
                  TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Dina and Terry,

Hi Dina

I hope that today has been ok for you. I see that TC has posted another instalment in his 'coffee shop capers'! He probably knows all the cafes and coffee shops in Suffolk - and, undoubtedly, all the girls who work in them as well! LOL!

Love Kayleigh x

Hi Terry

Are you supervising the women's aqua-aerobics session again? (undoubtedly Casanova Carpenter will be very jealous!! LOL).

As always you will be popular with the ladies there, and they might also be attracted by your snacks ... so probably a good idea to keep a close eye on all that very tasty fruit - as well as your very tempting nuts! LOL

I guess you don't take sugar in you coffee (because you are definitely sweet enough! ) - but it wouldn't surprise me if you always ask for extra cream! LOL

Love and hugs,
                    Kayleigh xx
                    Last edited by Kayleigh; 29 August 2019, 22:01.

Comment

Hi Terry,

You wouldn't believe the scandal and gossip in here. It's absolutely shocking! In fact, I'm so stunned I can't remember any of it.

Tomorrow the hairdresser is coming to me. Who knew that hospitals have resident hairdressers? I think I shall have my hair dyed mauve, with purple and lilac highlights as the three of us in my bay are going out clubbing in Manchester city centre tomorrow night. I shall be driving my Salsa Mini and towing the others in a custom-made double wheelchair. We will be putting gin in our humidifiers to get the party started and, as for drugs, we've got them sorted: we'll be flying high as kites on Oramorph. The fun never stops for beds 7; 8 and 9.

I've been through to the men's trachy ward a few times when I've been put too high up in my bed: straight through the bedhead and the wall! I asked if they'd like to come with us but they're all complaining of sore throats - too boring...

As for party clothes, R has decided to wear a particularly fetching hospital gown but we think she's a bit an exhibitionist as it is open all down the back. L has opted for scrubs - beautiful colours but the open fly is somewhat risqué. As for myself, I thought I would wear a slinky gold lamé creation with lots of safety pins à la Liz Hurley.

We have found the perfect place to party: Manchester's Night Dive (known as "MND" for short). For some reason people seem to have weird ideas what the initials stand for. Anyway it's a really popular venue - it's really jumpin' on a Friday night into the wee small,hours. Oh, you should see the state of the clubbers when they leave the place! There are walking sticks and zimmer frames akimbo, wheelchairs with the wrong wheels on, and, as for the ventilators, they barely survive the night as the male clubbers set them up on the floor so that they lift the girls' hems, like in Some Like It Hot.

You are all welcome to join us - the fun starts at 8:00. Oh no, hold on, that's when it finishes as we all have to be back in the ward for our Horlicks by 8:30.

Be there or be square!
                      Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

Love it Dina

Comment

Literally laughing out loud, Dina... so funny !

Sounds like my idea of a night out !

Love Debbie x

Comment

Hi Dina;

I'll come too, sounds like a good night out.

I once went to guys hospital for a opp and I was in the day before hand for tests. Anyway after the tests were done they said it was my time, I asked if I could go out, then I asked if it's OK to have a drink. They said don't drink loads but a beer or two would be fine. I was seventeen and came back at eleven after a couple of beers.

PS\|:- I didn't ware a hospital gown though, nor one secured with safety pins, I went for the Mummy look?

Just had my hair done yesterday, Opted out of coulours etc.

Love Terry

Love Terry

Comment

Hi Dina,

I expect you are all tucked up in bed now having been ejected from the nightclub for hogging the dance floor and wrecking the place. You are now permanently banned from the establishment and your card has been marked as Mad Naughty Dame from Manchester.

Thank you for putting a smile on my face before bed.

Love,
                              Barry x
                              I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Hi Dina,

Going to the disco sounds great! I don't think I've been to one since the 1980s (or possibly the early 90's LOL).

I've just got to dig out my rara skirt and my boob tube and I'll be good to go.

Also, I won't forget the glow sticks - but perhaps I'll give the head-bopper a miss this time (anyone remember those? LOL). I'm going to the trouble of getting my hair crimped, and I don't want risk ruining it by getting it caught up in the boppers while I'm dancing. LOL

The days of me breakdancing, body popping and doing the can-can are long gone - but as for wheelchair line dancing and doing the wheelchair conga, I say bring it on! - and, of course, we could also do a wheelchair dance around our handbags too! LOL

See you there on Friday night! I expect that the last time most of the gentlemen of this forum went to a disco was way back in the 1970's, and so if any of them do show up, I wouldn't be surprised if they are all wearing platform shoes, flares and wide collars! LOL ... and hopefully the DJ will be prepared for requests to play those 1970’s disco classics 'Stayin Alive', 'DancIng Queen' and 'Boogie Wonderland'.

Love Kayleigh x
                                Last edited by Kayleigh; 30 August 2019, 00:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X