The daily dribble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I am in the don't know camp. I would like to believe in eternal life but if it does exist why do we think heaven and not hell is our destiny? Most of us do wrong in our lives, is death bed repentance enough to wipe the slate clean and buy us the dream ticket? If heaven does exist and we are all to be reunited with our loved ones who do we share eternity with? We have changing loves in our lives and occasionally changing partners, do we all co exist in harmony, past and present lovers together?
    The thing which leads me to believe in a creator is the wonder of what exists on this planet. The diversity of life forms is truly incredible and if evolution explains all then how have creatures as diverse as a mouse and an elephant evolved from the same basic amoeba to become the creatures they are.
    Is God dead. Is this why the world is full of all the problems that Mik lists?
    I do subscribe to the principles of Christianity and if these could be adopted and practised by all I think the world would be a more peaceful place.
    John

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You know what they say, never discuss religion and politics, so thanks for sharing that Zip, Mik.

Like you Zip I find spirituality and the afterlife a fascinating subject. So many different views and opinions on it. I’m familiar with the Catholics and a lot of similar religions belief on the afterlife, but find views like Mik's so interesting, and with so many valid points. That's an interesting experiment, and yet there are sooo many books written by those that had that near death out of body experience.

I do believe there is only one God Mik, and as people we just call him different things based on our religion or culture.

Are ghosts stories just fairy tales, or spiritual beings amongst us? And if they are amongst us then clearly there is something else we evolve to after death. Oprah has a belief that we are all spiritual beings here just having a human experience, and when the journey and purpose here is over we go home. A lovely thought.

I believe we are heading to a paradise beyond or human comprehension, and feel strongly our loved ones gone before us are waiting, and will greet us upon arrival. It’s the logistics of it all that confuses me? Where is this place physically? Do we stay there for eternity? What do we do there? Is there a concept of time there?

And then there’s always this one…if we don’t get it right here do we have to come back again and do it all over! Ugh. lol

There’s that other old saying that makes me ponder too, ’did god make man, or did man make god?’

Dam it fascinates me, and makes me wonder….

CCoxo

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hi,
    even before mnd i was an atheist, i cant believe that some all seeing god would create a universe with people inhabiting a planet and then allow said people to cause so much death and destruction and not intervene. on top of that `god´then introduces illness and disease but not just to people to animals and plants etc. then which god do you believe in and if you've picked a `god´ why that one, what makes that `god´more believable/worthy than the next?
    cc i once heard of an experiment that was done in a operating theatre to try and prove/disprove out of body experiences, i dont know how true this is. in the theatre they placed items on high surfaces, like pictures, money and other items. then if they lost someone and obviously brought them back, a few days later they would question the patient to see if the remember seeing any thing? dont know the results but my guess would be that 0 patients saw anything.
    mik

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I like to hear other peoples opinions on religion and the afterlife. I myself believe there is something so great and powerful that the human mind could not grasp and understand because we have got so many doubts, logical thinking process, and we get frightened of what we don't understand. I also think their is an afterlife although not shore how that afterlife works. But I also believe we are not meant to understand until the time is right, if we new for certain there was a life after this one everyone would be topping themselves wouldn't they when things went wrong, thinking oh to heck with this I'll go and live in the next place...........mmmm well just sayin xx

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Haha and no no, not religion (god forbid lol) Nettie, just spirituality. Two different things in my book.
    Uh-oh here we go…I’m game too! lol

Can we behave ? And be respectful…I certainly think so.

CCoxo

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    For a while now I have trying to get grips with understanding infinity.
    David

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Now that's the way to stir things up ... getting onto religion. I'm game! Now that's just"Naughty Nettie it again!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    lol david perhaps thats the way forward. i should get a copy of every religious book out there and keep them handy just to go a step further.
    thats great joycie, i must admit though i am clueless when it comes to poetry i'm more of your rude limerick type. probley to rude for here!
    mik

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    LOL like your ‘ist’ joke David, a good one!

A great poem Joycie !

I love to ponder the universe as well David….to my atheist friends here, just wondering what do you make of those people that claim they had those near death experiences, went to heaven and back ? I find those stories fascinating. Maybe they are just dreaming? Effects of anesthesia ? Or did they really experience something sooo profound that the only way we get there is thru death? Makes you wonder doesn’t it?…..

CCxoxo

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I see no nonsense in what you say David ... just good old fashioned coping. X Nettie

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Mik. I have always been an atheist but since I have had this disease I have got friendly with vicar just in case, hedging my bets.
    David

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    yes, Mik. I dashed off the poem in no time. That is what I am, a freelance poet and writer so it isn't a problem!

I must say I loved your idea of the daily dribble. It was a grand idea!

We must all try to retain our sense of humour, in the face of adversity!

Happy New Year to you and your family

Joycie xx

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hi all,
    joycie love the poem, made me chuckle most us can probley relate to it. did you pen it yourself?
    yeah pete love music i can listen to anything from motown to rap/hip hop to rock it all depends what floats my boat at the time. the only music i struggle with is dance music. agree with respect,long may this be a place for all views and opinions.
    david you bought up the subject of god and if one exists.personally i consider myself an atheist.if you believe in a god which one do you believe in? religion is such a tricky subject as it can upset so many people.
    happy new year,
    mik

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Mik,

Much the same as you do, most music I love, with a passion, And very much in agreement this isn't any ones forum ,it's for anyone who wants to join,long may it remain so ,anyway enough dribbling ( I wish) . We really shouldn't have to ask for respect it should exist in all posts , and no exception.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am falling in the passage now,
    I am falling on the stair!
    I must have tripped over my feet on Boxing Day
    cos there was no obstacle there!

I fell last night at panto
    while dancing with a kid
    Oh, no you didn't!
    Oh yes I did!

I suppose there is no remedy
    except sitting nice and quiet