The daily dribble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Trevor,
    You must teach me how to fall backwards as I have more padding in that area. I have had 3 falls in 4 months and they are always face first. My forehead looks like a ploughed field lol.
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Which is better Barry, I just don't know.

Comment

Thank god no harm Trevor! Barry are you going for the gold...be careful !

Oh, is it snowing a lot there Terry ???

Keep warm, much love from your crazy American friend
        xoxox

Comment

A mixture of snow and rain showers all morning together with a brisk wind, not nice.

Comment

Oh no definitely not nice Trevor. Sounds like someone pissed off Mother Nature....

xoxo

Comment

Terry!! Snowing you say, well I think you ought to be nice to CC in future. Its a lovely Sunny Day here, but then the Sun always shines on the righteous.

Comment

Social Services OT assessment tomorrow after telling us we had not been given priority. Papworth rang and want me to go back on Monday, the date the stairlift was being installed. Annette rang the company and they are coming this Wednesday instead, great service from this local norfolk firm.

Comment

That's good service Trevor;

Any children will love using it. Please try to stop falling, you might hurt something important next time. So glad to hear that you're OKish.

Love Terry
                  TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the entertainment value. Apparently we will have a remote control. I just love remote controls and may spend many happy hours whizzing Trevor up and down the stairs. Oh blow it! I've just remembered. It will have a speed restriction. Any one know a good engineer with a sense of humour who likes to tinker with things? LOL
                    Seriously though, hopefully it will be a real bonus for Trevor as he is getting more and more out of breath when he walks around and he is finding the stairs a real problem. As all our washing facilities are upstairs, and the bed too, He wants to have access for these things for as long as possible.
                    The company installs the reconditioned lift and provides 2 months rent free all for £350. After that it is £50 per month rental. Removal and servicing/ repairs are free.

XX Nettie

Comment

That sounds very reasonable Nettie;

Terry
                      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

I think renting is the most sensible option and it is a very realistic price. I am sure you will be much better off with a stair lift xx

Comment

Originally posted by Nettie B View Post
                          I'm looking forward to the entertainment value. Apparently we will have a remote control. I just love remote controls and may spend many happy hours whizzing Trevor up and down the stairs. Oh blow it! I've just remembered. It will have a speed restriction. Any one know a good engineer with a sense of humour who likes to tinker with things? LOL
                          XX Nettie

I guess it is the full moon! Take video, Nettie and post on FaceBook and we'll have a look!!!

Comment

Busy day, social services OT assessment and the first visit from a district nurse. Visitors this afternoon, hospice and stair lift tomorrow, it is all go,

Comment

Originally posted by Trevorhb View Post
                              Busy day, social services OT assessment and the first visit from a district nurse. Visitors this afternoon, hospice and stair lift tomorrow, it is all go,
                              Just arrived home to find the stairlift is in, the young fitter started at 12 and after demonstrating it has left. Have used it already, it is great.

Comment

Good on you, Trevor.

Comment

Working...
                                X