The daily dribble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Candle

I like the idea of The Egg. Reminds me of mottos such as "What goes around comes around" and "Treat others how you wish to be treated".

Comment

• ccinjersey

Loved it !! Now that really made me stop and wonder….

God a woman, how brilliant

Yes so true Candle, only God is going to make sure we talk the talk, and walk the walk!! Maybe there really will be a judgement day as the Catholics seems so sure about.

Thanks for sharing it David

Comment

• mik

just a thought and silly one at that. when it comes to ghosts why is it only people that are seen, its always a grandparent or an old friend. its never twinkles the family goldfish you flushed down the loo, bobbing up and down at the foot of your bed. what about all the other pets loved and lost, like the spirit of rex the family dog with his bum firmly planted to the floor, carpet surfing around the living room. then theres the billions of animals slaughtered for our food. i've never heard of anyone being haunted by an aberdeen angus, or possessed by an angry turkey and if they had who'd perform the exorcism, bernard matthews! dont get me started on the ghosts of all the dinosaurs!

mik

Comment

• Trevorhb

"The Daily Dribble", what a good title. Maybe we should suggest the Association change the title of Thumb Print to that?

Comment

• njm
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2013

Dear fellow MND colleaguies in arms:

Apologies for changing the dribble train of thought.

I have a very specific querty. I am still able to walk a little bit. However, other than the spasticity and loss of balance, I get to feel very dizzy and disoriented 'in the head' when I am moving. when sitting still or lying down I never experience the latter symptom. I am also taking Baclofan and Riluzole which may be clouding the picture. However my question is:
            Has anybody else experienced dizziness 'akin to seasickness' as a primary symptom of MND?

Regards

Charles

Comment

• john

Hi Charles,
              I don't know the reason for your symptoms but my wife was exactly the same in the early stages of her illness. She stopped drinking because that only made matters worse and she refused to go on a cruise because of her constant dizziness .
              It seemed to pass when she became wheelchair bound so maybe it is akin to standing up too quickly which can leave people light headed.

Hopefully someone will give you a useful answer and a fix.
              John

Comment

• Springtime

I have been in the garden since 9 o clock this morning, I love it out there with nature. And I was thinking about "The Daily Dribble" I think nature has a lot to do with the answer we often look for. plants and shrubs die off, and then the buds start forming on the branches and you know they will start bursting into flower soon. A robin followed me around the garden. the birds were singing as I was filling the bird feeders up with seeds and suet. Made sure they had some fresh water. The sun was shining and all was well with the world in my garden. Nature is wonderful. Just saying x

Comment

• ccinjersey

It sounds like Springtime there Zip! Just lovely, we are quite cold here, and waiting for the forecasted snow.

Mik, maybe animal souls go back to the egg video theory ? For example, the slaughtered cow now comes back as a vegetarian farmer! Our beloved pets who gave us some much love, and happiness get to move up on the ladder, and come back as higher beings. As far as the dinosaurs go…I’m clueless ?? lol

Comment

• DaiTheDragon

Knowing my luck I will come back as a slug.
                    David

Comment

• willsandco

even slugs have Mums who love them - life ain't all bad! xx

Comment

• fishmate12

Hi,
                        Many of you might be able to tell me something, it'll make a nice change,
                        It' s not some kind of trick question,..but many of you have progressed further than me, so might know,
                        During progression, is it normal to lose your sense of taste, (placebo aside),..possibly without knowing it,
                        Many of you have professionals re-diets and foods,..so maybe they've mentioned losing your sense of taste.
                        Ray

Comment

• BlueEyesOhio

Ray,
                          I have noticed my sense of taste is different. Things just don't taste the same. Whilst I was on Riluzole I lost me sense of taste but whe I stopped it my taste came back. I'm not on any medications now so I think it maybe the MND.

Lynne

Comment

• Night walker

Hi Ray
                            Hubby taste became distorted, notably coffee and beer, he said lots of things did not taste the same whilst on Riluzole. Once he came off it everything us ok again.
                            Cheers Sylv x

Comment

• Trevorhb

I can still taste, but where I could eat most things before, my taste seems to change from day to day. Anything sharp like fruit or wine is a no, no.

Comment

• pacer1971

hello Ray
                                My taste buds changed over the last 2 to 3 years to the extent I have to force myself to eat where as before I had to watch my weight. i don't like salty food any more I prefer the sweeter things.
                                Do you think I'm getting in touch with my feminine side. LOL

cheers
                                Darryl

Comment

Working...
                                X