Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellie
    replied
    Yep TC, that Bepanthen cream is great stuff.

Still used by the kids, but now for things such as shin guard irritation.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Hi Ellie;

So pleased that you've sorted your head out, itchy scalp issues are awful as well. I don't get any trouble there, no sense, no feeling.

I am using a Nappy car ointment "Bepanthen" , it seems to work on the folded areas of skin and the itchy areas where there's no reason or marks.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Not wishing to let down my pal Terry, I thought I'd share a tip about a wonder shampoo which has finally put an end to years of my itchy scalp issue.

Pre-MND, I never had scalp issues but whether it started due to meds' side effects, or whatever, it drove me nuts, especially as I cannot use my hands to scratch

Anyway, I tried various medicated shampoos, a prescription one, baby shampoos and non-chemical natural ones to no avail, before stumbling across one which, after only 2 days use, banished the itch - 2 weeks later and I'm still joyfully free of the dreaded itchy scalp.

It is MooGoo milk shampoo, widely available in pharmacies and online.

They also do skin creams but I don't need any, so haven't tried any of their other products.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    if you get areas of folded skin that itch because you are sitting a lot of the time, it's well worth trying Timodine cream.

I have tried everything on it but only Timodine cream has stopped it. It smells horrible and best not look up about what it's made of.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by mik View Post
    hi,
    now you guys mention it i have had an itchy dry scalp and dry feet for a while now but not before MND, i just put it down to medication.
    not so sure now?
    mik
    Mik, I am not sure about other folks. Could do with peripheral nerves involvement, will explain the feet dryness, but i can never moisturise enough my hair or skin. There is a generalised dryness from hair to feet. Probably lack of sunshine as you say Terry, A/C or heating on constantly will remove moisture from the air. Using cheap soap and shampoo only make things worse. But at least it is manageable. I don't mind the pre-oiling or the in shower moisturising except for the cleaning afterwards.

Best wishes
    Marieline

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    All,
    Well we have found something here. I have NEVER had problems like this on my skin before MND. I DO find keeping hydrated helps my skin feel better. Drinking enough water is hard to do because, well, you know, then you have to get rid of it.

Lynne ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hi,
    now you guys mention it i have had an itchy dry scalp and dry feet for a while now but not before MND, i just put it down to medication.
    not so sure now?
    mik

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    I also had a problem with dry, itchy scalp and that is no longer the case since using Australian Bodycare which contains tea tree oil. I use it to wash hair and shower with. Whilst it is expensive I believe the investment is worthwhile www.australian-bodycare.com
    I have not seen in shops but they have a UK distributor.
    Barry

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Terry, Hope your itching is soon under control.
    Its strange how the experts say so many things like......itching, runny nose, constipation are not part of MND when you ask them, and yet when we all exchange symtoms and problems to each other there are quite a few people that suffer these same things.

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Sounds very similar to one of my itches Lynne;

I got a new cream yesterday that seams to be working "Dermacool 1%" time will tell.

I have never had much dry skin so can't advise, but it interesting hearing the skin related things that can occur.

The experts thought that is not a part of Mnd but I think that it maybe. Could be just a side effect of being a layabout.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Jean also had incredibly itchy skin, we couldn't work out what it was. She tried cortisone cream which helped for a start then they gave her another one to try but I can't remember what it's called but I will look and see if it's still there later and let you know.

We thought it was heat rash or because I was using conditioner when washing clothes but maybe it's just part of the MND symptoms.

Alison x

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Terry,
    I have that as well. Itchy for no reason. AND if I can be strong and not itch it - it gets better. Sometimes there are bumps, sometimes not. At night it is the worst!!!

I have found that cortisone cream helps. Not sure what is is called there but it would be worth looking in to. It works like magic when applied in about 30 seconds.

Also, my skin is very, very dry. It is much drier than ever. The skin on my feet flake. My hubby has to put lotion on them.

Love to all,

Lynne
    Last edited by BlueEyesOhio; 9 February 2015, 00:40.

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Hi Susy;

You're right, I think that some of mine is due to pressure on areas but bum OK so far. I struggle to control it during the day but in bed it can be terrible. It's not like pain that many have but it's another thing that hurts and drives you mad.

Hi Trevor; Perhaps Marieline's idea of rubbing oil in might help you.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi terry
    I'm another one with the itches especially at night in bed. It seems to be on my bum!! And sides and I'm sure it's the areas where my clothes are a bit tighter to the skin whilst sitting in my electric chair. The doctors at the hospice prescribed me some cream which is menthol based. It helps a bit but I have to try and not think about the itch,hard though isn't it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Currently my skin, particularly on my head is dry and flaky. I think the cause of many skin complaints this time of the year is caused by central heating and the dry atmosphere it causes. Simple humidifiers can help some people. I guess,that is also the reason that my nose is so dry, so when we are at Papworth on Monday I will ask for a humidifier for the Nippy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X