X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry
    replied
    Thanks Mik & Marieline;

I have tried most things and I think one of the causes is skin over lap and will try some caneston Mik if my next cream doesn't work.

I don't think it's prickly heat Marineline but probably putting some oil on and less clothes and warm sunshine would help loads. I don't think that I've tried an antihistamine cream yet and checking blood sugars is a good idea.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• marieline
    Guest replied
    Hi Terry, I hate the itch, but if it's not prickly heat rash which is usually improved with local application of calamine lotion and antihistamine, I personally find Zyrtec to be agreeable with MND.
    Mik's advice is also right, it could be fungal and a change of soap and local anti fungal should show changes within 3 days. You can take internal and external form for a quicker result. Have you had your blood sugar checked? Just to ensure than you are covering the hive possibility add the antihistamine. Last winter i had itchy scalp with no sign of dandruff , it was driving me mad, saw the GP, he suggested anti fungal medicine but then we decided i would try to oil my hair before i wash and change my shampoo. The oil alone and the occasional zyrtec in the beginning work wonders. Winter is worse for me because i have to wear so many layers of clothing and i believe the skin cannot breathe, so more prone to fungal/ yeast infection.
    One more thing avoid scratching, because it is hard to stop once you start.
    Best wishes
    Marieline

Leave a comment:

• mik
    Guest replied
    hi,
    it sounds like it could be fungal if its where skin overlaps. i get something similar down my left side under my moob and where my arm stays against my body. try caneston or boots do their own version cheaper. i use boots own it works a treat and stops the itching almost instant.
    or could just be heat/sweat rash.
    mik

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Thanks Zep and Sue;

I've been on Riluzole for five years and my bloods are fine. It will be interesting how Steve gets on so please report back in five weeks.

Zep, it sounds similar, the best thing is to put an ice pack straight on the areas, might not be so good for the skin though.

Regards Terry

Leave a comment:

• Sueb
    replied
    Steve has always had itchy patches but recently it got worse, tried taking antihistamine as suggested by GP. Calmed it down initially but still was getting it pretty bad. Spoke to consultant at last weeks appointment and he suggested leaving Riluzole off for a month. He has been a lot better even after a couple of days. Have to start it again after the month to see if it is the culprit. A bit concerned and will have to be careful as he is allergic to Penicillin and that started after having two courses and also started with itching over a couple of days and then going in to shock.
    Sue

Leave a comment:

• Springtime
    Guest replied
    Jim used to get Urticaria quite badly. It used to be itchy and break out over different parts of his body,sometimes he would be up half the night as the itching would drive him mad. I hope it's not that Terry as they have no idea of the cause.
    Last edited by Guest; 6 February 2015, 18:32.

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    started a topic Incredibly Itchy Areas

Incredibly Itchy Areas

I have itchy patches and points, sometimes there’s a rash or a small red lump and sometimes there’s absolutely nothing to see. It can happen where my skin overlaps and at pressure areas on my back and sides or there’s no reason.

It’s been happening for a few months now, but I have had similar problems on and off for a couple of year.

Like everything it’s much worse at night.

We have changed soaps and washing powders and tried many different creams. I have take antihistamine and another sleeping/itching tablet that I think made my movement worse. We don't have pets in the house.

I’m not expecting a cure but does anyone else have something like it.

Regards Terry
Working...
X