Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living through MND – fasciculations

Hello all

Gradually getting settled in our new abode – house is quite a different style to our original one and so slowly getting rid of its of my past life including a lot of my power tools and components of my bench and shed which I can no longer use because of the state of my hands.

We noticed an odd symptom this week which I just thought I'd check out with my fellow sufferers - is it possible to get fasciculations in the muscles of your stomach?

My stomach wall muscles were quite well developed from years of sit ups and push-ups and cycling and all that sort of stuff and they seem to be twitching away the other evening – is this just something to be expected as these twitches signal future loss of function?
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder– Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Hiya
    Sometimes fasiculations can be a precursor to more nerve damage/muscle loss, as was the case in my feet/lower legs...but I've been getting them all over on and off for 5+ years and no change in my arms etc, so seems to be random.
    Olivia.

Comment

I moved at beginning of May and noticed my twitching in parts of my body that I never existed ����
      But my body has managed to calm, in my head I felt not stressed but the body thought otherwise, hope it settles down for you ��

Comment

Hiya
        I have often complained of having problems with my stomach a feeling of being uncomfortable. This has been going on for a few years and getting worse. At times I can’t stand because the pain is too much and it makes walking worse. Like you I was able to do sit ups and then I couldn’t. I don’t get the fasciculation's. I can’t do any of the exercises I so loved to do 😥 .... swimming cycling gym pilates. I hope you get some joy x

Comment

Good afternoon all,

Thank you for your replies – I still have all the functions as it were so I guess I'm just with you all that fasciculations are just a warning that in due course something may go out of function but no idea when!

Warmly

,Andy
          Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder– Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

Working...
          X