Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living through MND – fasciculations

Hello all

Gradually getting settled in our new abode – house is quite a different style to our original one and so slowly getting rid of its of my past life including a lot of my power tools and components of my bench and shed which I can no longer use because of the state of my hands.

We noticed an odd symptom this week which I just thought I'd check out with my fellow sufferers - is it possible to get fasciculations in the muscles of your stomach?

My stomach wall muscles were quite well developed from years of sit ups and push-ups and cycling and all that sort of stuff and they seem to be twitching away the other evening – is this just something to be expected as these twitches signal future loss of function?
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND. MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Hiya
    Sometimes fasiculations can be a precursor to more nerve damage/muscle loss, as was the case in my feet/lower legs...but I've been getting them all over on and off for 5+ years and no change in my arms etc, so seems to be random.
    Olivia.

Comment

I moved at beginning of May and noticed my twitching in parts of my body that I never existed ����
      But my body has managed to calm, in my head I felt not stressed but the body thought otherwise, hope it settles down for you ��

Comment

Hiya
        I have often complained of having problems with my stomach a feeling of being uncomfortable. This has been going on for a few years and getting worse. At times I can’t stand because the pain is too much and it makes walking worse. Like you I was able to do sit ups and then I couldn’t. I don’t get the fasciculation's. I can’t do any of the exercises I so loved to do 😥 .... swimming cycling gym pilates. I hope you get some joy x

Comment

Good afternoon all,

Thank you for your replies – I still have all the functions as it were so I guess I'm just with you all that fasciculations are just a warning that in due course something may go out of function but no idea when!

Warmly

,Andy
          Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND. MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

Working...
          X