Menopause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menopause

Hiya i have been putting it off asking but is any ladies going through the menopause and how are you dealing with it and MND 😖 x I don’t take any medication for the menopause but I have suffered with the menopause for about 6 years and it’s so debilitating when I get a flush 🥵

Madge, well gone for me. I remember when it first started I was in bed (when I was about 49) and got the feeling that all the skin on my body was white hot. So I ran to the shower, put in on cool and stayed there until it had passed. This was a nightly occurrence for a while. During the day when I got similar but not quite so bad I had to take all of the things that I had on top off. Then me or my husband would fan me. He brought our big table top fan out of the loft. That was a godsend. About 5 more years of flushes etc But I had HRT for 2 years at the beginning that helped a lot.

How the hell can you girls still having these kind of symptoms cope with the likes. Maybe a good table top fan during the day and a floor type fan for night times. You’d need a very understanding carer to undress you and dress you again when the furnace has died down.

I wish you much good luck Madge and others, love Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Lynne thanks for your reply. I find it too much hassle to get undressed so usually sit and suffer until it passes x the fan is a big help during the night x the flushes exhaust me x I have not used hrt because at the beginning I didn’t want to use it but I am wondering now whether I should but not so sure now with all the medication I am on x it’s so much to deal with and everything else 😥

Comment

I have it all ahead of me. Am dreading hot flushes - I'll have to grin and bear it as I've no useful hand or arm function so if HRT patches stop them, count me in!!
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi again Madge, speak with your GP to discuss HRT, Lynne
          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Comment

Madge, I remember buying wholemeal loaves with linseed in and eating soya products since Linseed and Soya are phytoestrogens. Google phytoestrogens and see what else to try. Good luck, love Lynne x

Comment

Working...
            X