Rolling back the years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolling back the years

Today I ordered an adult drinking cup because I can no longer drink from a grown up cup without dribbling?
    Unable to speak words, having someone else to wipe my bottom.
    Sounds like a baby to me! 😀x

Another really useful thing to consider buying is a wash & dry loo (although obviously a lot more expensive than a cup )
    Last edited by Ellie; 28 June 2020, 15:31.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi Ellie, what do think about this one: BrookPad SplashLet 2100RB Intelligent Round Bidet Toilet? It's on Amazon. Thanks. x

Comment

Yeah, looks good Matthew, seems top of the range and good value with that extra 20% voucher off - makes up for having to pay VAT on Amazon. (You can buy seats VAT-exempt on 'mobility' websites but I haven't seen that brand) I know nothing about BrookPad, I've only used BioBidet and Closomat.

If you haven't seen a fuller spec, this link has more info, but costs more than Amazon so don't buy from them. One thing though: be sure whatever you buy is the right size, your loo has space, power can be arranged, pipes on the correct side etc. etc. Too expensive to mess up.

https://www.brookpad.eu/en_GB/p/Broo...Toilet-Seat/79

Compare it to the BioBidet 1000 which is probably the most popular on the Forum, and which you can get VAT-exempt but at about £530, it’s 70 quid more than the BrookPad - still well worth paying for independence and dignity!! You might get a bit of a grant towards a seat from the MNDA.

BioBidet 1000 for comparison: https://www.pdshygiene.com/supreme.php

One important note for the future: if you need a wheeled over-the-loo chair, you may find the spray doesn't quite reach your bits! But nobody knows the future, we're living in the present.

Love Ellie.
        Last edited by Ellie; 28 June 2020, 18:40.
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Working...
        X