No announcement yet.

PEG fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone put blendded food (beef / pototoes / veg) via a PEG ... does the tube get blocked ? ... Thanks

Comment

Lynn's Husband You can put well-blitzed up food through a feeding tube *BUT* you must know the tube's capabilities insofar as whatever goes into the tube should be thin enough, smooth enough and free flowing so as not to block it. Not all food blenders can blitz food to a fine enough consistency.

Flush with water before use, between syringefuls of food and afterwards.

It's also important to know if the stomach can take food comfortably this way, how fast to let food go in and that enough calories are being given, so a chat with the Dietitian is advisable.

Good luck.

Love Ellie.
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I started by taping the tube every time until I developed a rash from the tape. Now I simply tuck it into my trousers and at night into my underwear and keep a t shirt on. So simple a child could do it. x

Comment

Aww, no more sleeping au naturel then, shame 😌😛

Comment

If, and I do mean if, I ever share my bed with someone then the tape returns. x

Comment

Seriously though, you can get hypoallergenic tape or dressings (just use the sticky bits) from your nurse or pharmacy or even plasters - added benefit of a belly wax

Comment

Living with MND means a change if nothing else and today I finally got round to mounting a paper towel dispenser onto my kitchen wall. Life is so what you make it. x

Comment

well done you. sometimes its the little things that count

Comment

Tonight I have finally decided to give up trying to eat food. It's not just the effort to swallow but the hour spent afterwards trying to get the bits out of my mouth. At least I will save money as my PEG stuff is free.

Comment

I told my husband about this as he always complains about things going under his false teeth. No washing up either!
                      x

Comment

Working...
                      X