Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacquij
    replied
    I know catheters can also cause infection but was thinking about a supapubic one. Has anyone else had a catheter fitted?

Leave a comment:

• Jacquij
    replied
    Changing places have really helped and I started to visit attractions and places where there was a changing places like RHS Wisley Kew etc. On the changing places website you can even plot toilets in any journey you go on. If you need to use the hoist you will need to take your own slings.

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Also

https://www.loo.org/

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    https://www.changingplacesmap.org/toilet.php

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Jaqui, I too was disappointed with some disabled loos. About 50% are not user friendly in some or other way.

Mary, Changing Places have large rooms, a ceiling hoist over an NHS type bed, a disabled loo and sink plus hand dryer the correct height for wheelchair users. Not many about but most found at Motorway Service Stations. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Hi Jacquij, I think some health professionals don't want to introduce catheters due to risk of infection. Might be different for us people with MND. It makes a trip out difficult doesn't it if you worry about using the loo in places away from home. Also it depends if you are anxious in case you need more than a pee !!My hubby and I discuss this but not at that stage just yet but only a matter of time. Also it could be tricky at home if need loo when husband is out! What are the changing places toilets?? Best wishes Mary

Leave a comment:

• Jacquij
    replied
    I have just had to get used it and get over being shy. Fortunately my friends have been a great help. Also I take my Sara Steady with me and use it in conjunction with a raised toilet seat. Thank god we have a wav van that it will fit in with me and my wheelchair. Also I have started to use the changing places toilets, but I am thinking I won’t be able to do this much longer and it will be hoisting that we will have to do. I keep thinking about also getting a catheter..........

Leave a comment:

• Madge
    replied
    This is one of my bug bears... disabled toilets .... they are not suitable for my needs and I tend not to go out .... even Hospitals appointments I am avoiding because their disabled loos are not suitable !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    I need full assistance for the loo so I try to keep my loo trips just to pee if out and about, but that means someone transferring me on and off a toilet. I bring my trusty raised loo seat with me visiting family or use disabled facilities if out out.

No room for embarrassment (quite literally) in many bathrooms and transfers can be more of a shove than a tango but needs must 😁

Leave a comment:

• Jo jo
    replied
    How do you manage when going out or visiting when needing the toilet

Leave a comment:

• Jacquij
    replied
    Part of the problem is when I am out and about, or visiting friends.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Betty sitbon You can Edit or Delete a post - click on the Edit tab on the base of the text box.

Leave a comment:

• Betty sitbon
    replied
    Mind not ming

Leave a comment:

• Betty sitbon
    replied
    Fritz has trouble getting off the higher toilet set as he is realllly tall. Being a carpenter w an engineers Ming he got 2by fours cut to size and used construction glue to raise the chair up . Works really well and he doesn’t have much strength in his arms or legs anymore

Leave a comment:

• Tess
    replied
    We got a raised frame thingy mabob from the OT for toileting in the flat, but with no use of his hands anymore, my partner can't use the actual frame to stand anyways and so still requires my assistance. So possibly a little pointless for us right now.
    As long as you've got use of hands to help lift you up this will be a good shout.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X