No announcement yet.

PEG update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a little bit of something not clearing from the tube. No matter how much I flushed it this foggy patch stayed put. Little bit of bicarbonate of soda in the flush water and it went. Job done 😊

Comment

My tube is multicoloured for obvious reasons but it doesn't bother me 😉x

Comment

There could be things living in there 😁

Comment

One I'm not going to be seeing my 60th birthday and Two I regularly bring my stomachs contents up in a burp. 😃

Comment

Wonderful info. Thanks for that you will live to be 70 just to spite you 😄

Comment

Maybe or maybe not.

Comment

I use clinifix velcro to keep the exposed PEG secure

Comment

jd58 Oh, I thought you'd have the little button feeding tube, given you use a balloon retainer?
                  ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                  Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

No its a clip version 😁

Comment

If you would rather a button, you could ask for one in advance of your next tube change. This is the one I have:

MicKey button.jpg

Comment

Ok I ask. Just had shower and need to change the clinicix velcro or a hairy tummy

Comment

A free belly wax, cool

Comment

Originally posted by GaryM View Post
                            First advance and rotate booked for next Thursday.
                            How did it go, Gary?

Love Ellie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                              How did it go, Gary?

Love Ellie.
                              No problem at all, Ellie. The Abbott nurse did it, although he said they normally wait four weeks. Salford recommended ten days so 17 days is a happy compromise. He explained very clearly to my wife and I what to look out for and what problems we might encounter. Excellent treatment.
                              Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Working...
                              X