Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tess
    replied
    Super tough Bowler. Yeh i read previously Matthews all for it but I know all individuals are different.
    Thanks for the responses. I just have to get in my head how this may go down...

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    My best friend was an alcoholic and drink killed him. You can lead a horse to water.... What I mean is that when a person needs help there is only one person who can decide to get help. Happy Days.

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Tess I wasn’t sure about being to graphic but on balance if you are trying to make a decision It might help.
    as the swallow has deteriorated the type of foods has changed. She has ended up with just custard and yogurt for the past couple of months. This started to come back down her nose and squeeze out of her mouth. I’m not saying this happens in all cases but it is the reality of what has / is happening right now here.

I’m sure you will both make the right decision for you.....god bless

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Hello Tess. My wife has gone down the no peg route. It’s been 5 years now and she is as of today unable to swallow any food. She is very thin and very weak. It is the most distressing thing to watch happen to a loved one but I have to respect her wishes. So far I’ve been told by the medics that they will give her medication to keep her comfortable until the end. I will be having a detailed conversation with the team tomorrow.

this thing is tough

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    To peg or not - read what Matthew has said. It might help make a decision.

Leave a comment:

• Tess
    started a topic Refusal

Refusal

My partner has expressed his wishes on refusing several things in the future.

Can I ask, if he were to refuse a peg/rig in the near future and only wanted to be fed solids, what would this lead to if swallowing becomes more difficult? Death by choking?
    (Slight sarcasm there, but not so sure how this is going to go down in the future).

Anyone know?
Working...
X