Technology marches on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technology marches on

I spotted this somewhere as I was hunting for something else - https://cordis.europa.eu/article/id/421958-assistive

And this looks like quite an interesting website -https://technologyfordementia.org/2017/12/28/tv-control-via-logitech-harmony-google-home-mini/

I guess I'm reflecting that in this game there is a late mover advantage in adopting things not the least as the voice I banked two years ago is now quite out of date – not because my voice has changed!

I'm also beginning to seriously look at voice control and movement control of various devices so I can carry on doing the things I do
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND. MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Forget voice control it has a limited time span. ☹️

Comment

We had a demonstration of this system at our Nottingham branch about 18 months ago and it looked exiting and ground breaking. I understand the company were looking for endorsement from MNDA but it all went quiet after that.

Barry
      I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Good evening Barry,

Oh really? As long ago as that.

I'm not sure the Association are very big on endorsing products - the trouble with that is you may end up with liability, and also there is the whole question of which products to endorse and which not which can end up In difficulties with the organisations that are left out – as I know to my cost with a charity of which I used to be chief executive.

Having said that I will ask the question and see where I get to.
        Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND. MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

Working...
        X