Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I will ask for my coffin to be filled with Coir and Miraclegrow. 😉😄x

Comment

I decided to sort out my demise about 2 years ago. Not my death but way of my going!
      I decided on cremation only. All sorted and paid for. My main reasons were that friends who are still alive are failing health wise. Many already gone. I lost my partner of 16 years 10 years ago to a massive heart attack and he decided 'no funeral'.
      so I have decided to go the same way. My children know that there is cash for a celebratory meal when the cremation is done. My daughter is wonderful and so helpful and caring about me. My inevitable death will be sad but a relief. And she can pick up her life again

Comment

I understand it's just my whole family including my daughter were cremated and it leaves no physical marker. My third wife's Gran was buried and her monthly visits to the grave gave her peace. Not that anyone will visit me, unless crows count? 😃x

Comment

My mum said that crows are the departed

Comment

Why miracle grow

Comment

So plants will grow big and strong! 😃x

Comment

Great topic, Matthew. I've told my wife for about the last twenty years what music I want at my funeral. Only problem is that I keep changing it. Although, I've always included Rodrigo's 'Concierto de Aranjuez' since I heard it in the film 'Brassed off'. Sounds a bit pretentious, but you'll know the tune. Brassed off probably describes how some of us feel.

Gary
                Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

That is a lovely piece of music. I had to look it up I'll admit 😊

Comment

So you will want plants and seeds in the miracle grow?! Why not. Perhaps they would be better growing on top not inside. Anyway surely you'd be enough fertiliser without adding more 🤣

Comment

Stephen announced he wants to be cremated. I'm off to find wood and matches

Comment

Music:
                        Start - The Jam
                        Stay with me till dawn - Judy Tzuke
                        and in discussions with mrs over Ying Tong Song - the goons- a nonsense song for a nonsense illness

Ashes in the pond on the 12th, might find the many balls I’ve lost in there.
                        As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

i told my husband about the ying tong song. that made him laugh. i would love to see the everyones fa es when hearing that one. i am having a problem with my keyboard so i am missing one parti ular letter! we dan ed around the room yesterday to
                          pi k of the pops and monster mash was on. imagine using that one. there are lots of lovely tra ks. just finding the right ones and keeping with them. when my brother died i didnt know if to wear bla k? do we still do that? sorry about the key board i shall have to remove the keys again. with this virus doing the rounds again it would be lot off the minds of our family and friends if we gave this more thought i suppose. it doesnt have to be a miserable subjet.

Comment

Hello Denise, thanks for your support on the ying tong song, regarding black - no way, my father passed away a couple of years back and we insisted on bright casual dress it made the whole thing more relaxed and was a celebration rather than a dark gloomy cloud, and even during the little speeches we heckled each other , but that is how our are family are, it may not be everyone’s taste. But it was a good day. Personally, we all know our fate, and we are all being as positive as possible why should our last day be full of gloom and sadness.
                            As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

Why fear death? After a lifetime of struggle it's our reward, a time when all worries and doubts vanish. Peace. 😇x

Comment

I agree with both of you. We should all write down what we want. I also think if anyone thinks what we have decided on is weird then they don't really know us. I'd rather everyone was recalling the good things and smiling and laughing. A happy send off. Xxx 😁

Comment

Working...
                                X