Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry52
    replied
    Thanks for posting this sensitive subject Matthew. Why does a terminal disease force the issue when nothing in life is more certain than death? If everyone planned their funeral arrangements in advance then family would not be put in a position of getting it wrong. I understand that when we are healthy and getting on with life the subject is far from our minds.

I appreciate this subject may offend some of our readers and I apologise but I beg you to have the discussion with your loved ones. I admit I was premature with my arrangements as I was later diagnosed with a slow version of MND but it is one less thing to organise. My song is Queen, who wants to live forever.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• Betty sitbon
    replied
    Fritz and I both love John Prine’s “in spite of ourselves..”. hysterical not sure it will be appropriate for memorial service . Fritz is a Rolling Stones fan...

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Even before Ann got ill we wrote down what we both want. I remember we were sat on sun beds in Tenerife one January and just said you never know when it might be needed. We both want to end with Jimmy Ruffin I’ll say forever my love which is “our song” I want to come in to spirit in the sky by doctor and the medics, Ann wants let’s dance by Chris Montez.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    That's great I'm impressed. I've never given it a thought though I did arrange my mum and brothers funeral. I love the sense of humour xxxxx😃

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    I've mine all arranged too - just hope my wishes are carred out because obviously I'll never know 😊

I'll be sent off to 'Girl on Fire' by Alicia Keys 🤣🤣

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I've done the important stuff like I want to be planted and have Another One Bites The Dust and Suicide is Painless for tunes. 😁x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Sorted your music and everything else? I'm not sure what you can plan 🤔

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    LOL, no I'm just having a moment of reality and I do like to plan ahead! 😉x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Well i wasnt expecting to read that! I thought it was grow bags and spring bulbs. Unless you are planning to recycle yourself! 🤔

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    started a topic Not every day.

Not every day.

I just finished planning my funeral, not what I thought I'd be doing two years ago. 😄x
Working...
X