Worrying new development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worrying new development

Well today I was formally dismissed from work as incapable but worse I discovered that my hands are without feeling. I discover cuts and abrasions that I never felt. The upside being I don't bleed like I used to. 😊x

Hi Matthew

sorry that you were dismissed from work and I hope they gave you a valid reason. Disability doesn’t give an employer the right to make you redundant. I hope they have treated you fairly.

Barry
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Not to worry, I told them that as I have a limited time left I would rather do stuff I enjoy rather than work all day! 👍😊

Comment

Dear Matthew,I don’t understand the total loss of feeling in your hands and how it came on so quickly. I hope you have help and friends and that it is only temporary and just a bad day.. you are such a gift just reading your words and your attitude. When you wrote you haven’t had a gift for Christmas in years I wanted to paint you a painting. I guess that sort of thing is not allowed but even though I only know you and some of my other new friends in writing and perseption, I treasure you all. I am watching my Fritz lose his strength and I feel so helpless and sad, yet he goes on to figure out the next steps. His legs seem to have stopped wanting to carry his weight just this week. Such dramatic changes so overnight make you feel like you were robbed. Sending hugs

Comment

Matthew I don’t really know what to say other then you are very much in my thoughts and I always enjoy reading your posts.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
            I discovered that my hands are without feeling.
            That is not normal, get it checked out.

Work, meh, their loss 🤗🤗

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi Mathew, Sorry to hear about you loosing your job and the use of your hands. As others have said your posts are so genuine and readable.
              Steve

Comment

Oh that's terrible about your hands. What have you been doing to get the cuts and abrasions? But I'm glad the job has gone.

Comment

Well I love gardening even without an actual garden. 😉😄x

Comment

But we do cut our hands when gardening and don't always feel it until later. Can't you get some gloves for some protection.

Comment

I have a pair but I never remember to wear them 😊x

Comment

Put them somewhere close to the tools you use on your non-garden. Or a sticky reminder near the door. Suppose you have aloe Vera to put on the cuts.

Comment

Working...
                        X