Frothy saliva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frothy saliva

I have had frothy saliva for 4 days now. I am feedtube feeeding now 100%. My sister looked at tounge on video conference and said it looks like Trush.

GHot some mouthwash with anti fungi and anti bacteria. has any one had this probem let me know what caused it.

When I had oral thrush, my saliva didn't change - that's not to say it doesn't happen, I just don't know - but my tongue had white patches and was sore.

I was in the hospice at the time, so got antifungal meds and they told me to suck a bit of a vitamin C effervescent tablet every day, which has work a treat in preventing more thrush (though not everybody can cope with this!!)

We can be prone to it because of reduced saliva (which helps to clean the mouth) and/or because teeth brushing and general oral hygiene is difficult.

Did it just start with the hyoscine patches? You should speak to your GP and get a confirmed diagnosis, then you'll know what you're dealing with.

Best of luck.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Started before using the patch. Speaking with gp tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X