• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It can be....
    Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Looks normal to me, can't see any modifications 🤔

Can't figure out how far back that metal bracket is - do you think it'll get in the way?

Safe days ahead Doug 😘

Love Ellie.
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I would have thought the cistern would get in the way. Or the back of the chair. 🤔
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

It can do on some loos Denise.

Comment

Thanks Ellie.

Denise - The guy who brought it checked and said it clears the loo and cistern. Not tried it yet. Fingers crossed!

Doug x
            Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
              Fingers crossed!
              It won't be your fingers that'll be crossed if that metal bracket is springy 🤭🤭

Comment

You'd think that it would make it easier to manoeuvre over the loo if the handles could be rotated forwards. I sometimes wonder if the designers ever try them out.
                Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Thank you Ellie for your concern over my ladies' happiness. Initially, I didn't understand which bracket you meant. Thankfully it's not springy. It's there to support the front rim of a commode bowl if fitted.

Doug x
                  Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Morning Doug - any soreness today?

Yes, they're for the bowl - it's more common for the bowl to slide into grooves under the seat, leaving the front opening fully accessible to wash one's bits! So glad you're sorted 😍

Love Ellie.

Comment

Thanks Ellie

My right ankle is slightly sore on the side where I must have knocked it when falling - but nothing serious.

I'm taking it easy today, but feel a lot better generally.

Love

Doug
                      Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

More hugs and smoochies for you today, just to heal that ankle 🤗🤗😘😘

Comment

Hope you are feeling more confident with your new wheels ready for you. Remember what Terry used to advise - have a gallon of water to give it more stability but I’m not sure how this would work when using it as a commode or over the loo

Comment

Originally posted by miranda View Post
                            Hope you are feeling more confident with your new wheels ready for you. Remember what Terry used to advise - have a gallon of water to give it more stability but I’m not sure how this would work when using it as a commode or over the loo
                            No problem as you’d have a huge flush.
                            I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Hi Doug, sorry to hear you fell. I have that same shower chair as its one supplied by NHS however I am looking to buy a bio bidet(its a seat that fits over a regular toilet but it washes your bits and dries you after you have done the deed in the loo .However that shower chair doesn't fit over a bio bidet and the one I need is £800 pound.In discussion with my occupational therapist as won't buy the bio bidet until I know if the bio bidet compatible shower chair is available on NHS or funding can be offered via MND Association. Hope you find your shower chair helps you.Guess you have a lifeline system to summons help. Best wishes Mary

Comment

Thanks Mary.

Yes, the shower chair is helpful both with the loo and for washing in. I had a normal raised seat which needed to be removed.

May I ask the make and model of the higher chair you’d like to have?

The problem with the fall and minor knee injury is that it has trapped me in bed for nearly a week.

Doug
                                Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X