Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary C
    replied
    Hi Doug, sorry to hear you fell. I have that same shower chair as its one supplied by NHS however I am looking to buy a bio bidet(its a seat that fits over a regular toilet but it washes your bits and dries you after you have done the deed in the loo .However that shower chair doesn't fit over a bio bidet and the one I need is £800 pound.In discussion with my occupational therapist as won't buy the bio bidet until I know if the bio bidet compatible shower chair is available on NHS or funding can be offered via MND Association. Hope you find your shower chair helps you.Guess you have a lifeline system to summons help. Best wishes Mary

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Originally posted by miranda View Post
    Hope you are feeling more confident with your new wheels ready for you. Remember what Terry used to advise - have a gallon of water to give it more stability but I’m not sure how this would work when using it as a commode or over the loo
    No problem as you’d have a huge flush.

Leave a comment:

• miranda
    replied
    Hope you are feeling more confident with your new wheels ready for you. Remember what Terry used to advise - have a gallon of water to give it more stability but I’m not sure how this would work when using it as a commode or over the loo

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    More hugs and smoochies for you today, just to heal that ankle 🤗🤗😘😘

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Thanks Ellie

My right ankle is slightly sore on the side where I must have knocked it when falling - but nothing serious.

I'm taking it easy today, but feel a lot better generally.

Love

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Morning Doug - any soreness today?

Yes, they're for the bowl - it's more common for the bowl to slide into grooves under the seat, leaving the front opening fully accessible to wash one's bits! So glad you're sorted 😍

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Thank you Ellie for your concern over my ladies' happiness. Initially, I didn't understand which bracket you meant. Thankfully it's not springy. It's there to support the front rim of a commode bowl if fitted.

Doug x

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    You'd think that it would make it easier to manoeuvre over the loo if the handles could be rotated forwards. I sometimes wonder if the designers ever try them out.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
    Fingers crossed!
    It won't be your fingers that'll be crossed if that metal bracket is springy 🤭🤭

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Thanks Ellie.

Denise - The guy who brought it checked and said it clears the loo and cistern. Not tried it yet. Fingers crossed!

Doug x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    It can do on some loos Denise.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    I would have thought the cistern would get in the way. Or the back of the chair. 🤔

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Looks normal to me, can't see any modifications 🤔

Can't figure out how far back that metal bracket is - do you think it'll get in the way?

Safe days ahead Doug 😘

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    It can be....

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Here it is. Supplied in 7 hours.

I can be used as a commode.

Kate - thank you. I know what you mean. I think that's what happened this morning.

Doug 20201008_172658_resized.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X