No announcement yet.

Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry about your fall Doug. I hope that you didn’t hurt much anywhere.

Your new shower and loo chair looks great. I’ll have to have one soon. Doesn’t that plastic covered seat get slippy when wet?

Love Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

No Lynne, it's quite safe. And the arms aid safety.

Doug

Comment

Hi Doug, sorry to hear about your fall I hope you are recovering well. I too have the same chair which I find comfortable, although getting up from it for me is becoming an issue. Take care and try to keep safe

Comment

Thanks Jacqij.

Yes, getting up from anything is the problem now!

Comment

Stephen has problems getting up from a chair. I'm not quite sure where to pull him to get him out. Push him from the back or pull him under his arms. I thought perhaps putting something on the seat to make him higher so there should be not so far to go.
            Denise 🤔

Comment

Denise - yes, extra height will help.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                Stephen has problems getting up from a chair. I'm not quite sure where to pull him to get him out. Push him from the back or pull him under his arms. I thought perhaps putting something on the seat to make him higher so there should be not so far to go.
                Denise 🤔
                Denise, at the risk of being told off by the admins for posting links, would a powered portable cushion help like the ones here;
                ​​​​
                https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/c...ting-cushions/
                Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

GaryM If the link is to a genuinely appropriate and in-context product, I think that's OK. Thanks for sharing your find 👍

The actual wording from the Ts & Cs is:

Links from the forum

Where the Forum contains links to websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We do not endorse and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. When you link to other organisations via the Forum, you are then subject to the rules and privacy policy (if any) of that organisation's site.
                  ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                  Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

denise If you're raising the chair height with wood or blocks etc., just make sure it's very stable with no wobbling if weight put on an armrest, for example.

Best would be a riser recliner armchair but maybe one of those cushion gizmos Gary found would be good for now (providing Stephen isn't unbalanced by the rising action)

Good luck.

Love Ellie.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryM View Post

Denise, at the risk of being told off by the admins for posting links, would a powered portable cushion help like the ones here;
                      ​​​​
                      https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/c...ting-cushions/
                      Thanks for the link, due to complicated reasons, we can't get a riser chair yet. These are helpful.

Comment

Oh thanks everyone I shall have to tempt him with something. I'm either going to pull his arms off or we will both end up on the floor. 🤗

Comment

Hi Doug,

How are you feeling now - still have the BBPV?

Love Ellie.

Comment

'Afraid so.

Feel awful.

Love

Doug x

Comment

H how awful for you. Did the GP give you any exercises to do (mind you, you'd need someone on hand for safety) or what did he/she say when prescribing the anti nausea meds?

You can't go on feeling so poorly 😯

Big hug and kiss.

Love Ellie.

Comment

Working...
                              X