Life with MND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life with MND

I spend all day trying to get my mouth dry yet I spend all night wishing it wet. 🤔

Now that you mention it, I too note the irony, 10 years later. I'm gutted I didn't realise that before. 0-1.
    Copyright Graham

Comment

I was going to suggest sucking sweets at night but you'd have to be careful in case of choking. 🤤

Comment

Biotene Dry Mouth gel, a lifesaver.

Even available on Amazon, I checked 😍
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I use that but no matter how much I use I still end up dry. I'm a martyr to my tounge 😄 x

Comment

Does your mouth open when you're asleep?

Homer asleep.jpg

Maybe a chin strap would solve the issue (admittedly a strang look!)

Comment

Since my nose was broken when I was little my nose gets stuffed up when I'm in bed. Sadly I cannot use that. x

Comment

I was going to say I bet snoring dries your mouth out! Lovely picture. Now we know what Matthew looks like in bed 😁

Comment

I haven't snored since loosing all my weight, oh and I have ordered a chin strap. Try anything me. 😉x

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                    oh and I have ordered a chin strap. Try anything me. 😉x
                    Oh you're hilarious Matthew - never change 😍

Comment

It's arrived and later tonight I will be wearing it so wish me luck. 😄x

Comment

Hope you're more of a Sleeping Beauty and not a Homer Simpson 🤞🤞

Best of luck 😘

Comment

Cant wait to hear how it all went. ☺

Comment

Managed half a night. It felt very odd but I will persevere 😄x

Comment

And how was the Sahara mouth when it was on?

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                              It felt very odd
                              Says the man with a hole in his belly 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Working...
                              X