No announcement yet.

The penny drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Ellie yours doesn't exactly look appetizing but if it does the job.
    Do you recall your last meal?

Comment

I eat a small lunch Denise - like Matthew, I can't chew nor can I move food around in my mouth - so the bulk of my calories/nutrition gets pumped directly into my stomach. As you say, it does the job and I'd be long dead without it!!

How is Stephen today? And how are you today? Do you get some precious 'Me Time' as your son is there?

Love Ellie.
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Stephen looks very sorry for himself. He seems a lot older. I suppose he's getting over the operation.
        our family left today. We've just said goodbye. Ok I'm crying I miss them already.
        I did get some me time - not a lot but at least someone else could entertain him.
        it's lovely when family comes but a wrench when they go. 😭

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry they're gone Denise. You'll have to have something nice - nice wine or a little cake.

Comment

Matthew is making hay and Gary finds haysticks in his throat. Is it me? Ok someone going to explain 🤔 I'm glad I read that through before sending it because haysticks was changed to joysticks. 😄

Comment

LOL Denise, thanks for that chuckle 😂😂

Now I have an image of Gary, head back, mouth wide open and pulling sticks of hay out from his throat!!

I read it as hay gets stuck in Gary's throat, not that he eats hay, I'm assuming 😏 (disected jokes aren't funny🙄😶 )

Comment

I have an odd sense of humour.
                Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryM View Post
                  I have an odd sense of humour.
                  Don't diss yourself - I don't think it's odd!

Btw, is that you in a choo choo on your profile pic??

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                    Don't diss yourself - I don't think it's odd!

Btw, is that you in a choo choo on your profile pic??
                    Yes, it's in a museum though. Steam engines are a passion of mine. Was intending spending my retirement working on them, but I'm not a lot of use now. Best laid plans and all that.
                    Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

I love steam engines. I was terrified of them when I was small. I recall kings cross station with many waiting at the platforms. It was a lovely sight.

Comment

Working...
                      X