No announcement yet.

Still brushing teeth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fascinating looking, Matthew, have you actually tried it yet? I think rotting and painful teeth definitely something to be avoided if possible. I have just got myself an electric toothbrush for this reason, though I feel I am letting down my green principles (but do get 100% renewable electricity though).
    Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Used it last night and my teeth felt as clean as if I'd used a brush. Also I can't use sonic brushes as it it plays merry hell on my gums. But this is no problem. With this I can brush no handed! 😊x

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
        Did you tie it to the door handle?
        That’s too extreme Denise. I spent several days rocking the tooth back and forth until it was loose enough to pull with my fingers.
        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

I know but I recall being a kid and when the teeth came out one by one. It was horrible. I recall my neighbour her tooth just wouldnt come out and her dad said he would tie it to the door handle. I don't think we managed to tie anything round the tooth. I've got a photo of us both sat on the doorstep with big toothless grins. 😃😆

Comment

That’s brought back childhood memories. I can see it like it’s happening now. Cotton around a child’s tooth and toes to a door knob. Door closes, and shock horror it pulls the tooth out. Terror in the child’s eyes. Must have been one of my younger brothers, aged about 5 or 6.
            ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
            I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Yesterday I was watching a YouTube video and you know how annoying it is when those adverts pop up, but instead of cancelling it I watched the whole thing. It was the story behind the development of the teeth cleaning system that Matthew posted as the start of this thread. Giving that a decent electric toothbrush is £50+ I don’t think it is overpriced although I wouldn’t pay the full price of £160. Currently there is 50% off so Matthew is a savvy shopper. I wonder if I could get a further discount since I only have half of my teeth left.

Barry
              I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Hi Barry
                I agree £160 is a lot and Matthew has got a good price. Hopefully they will drop more in price the more popular they get. Suppose electric brushes can be shared by swooping heads. Stephen only has his lower teeth so he'd also want a discount. 😁

Comment

Working...
                X