Another fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another fall

Hi folks, I had another fall last night just as I was going to bed, my foot just caught on the first step, but trying to hold on swung round & crashed into my rollator I had just parked up, it sort of broke my fall, the trouble is getting back up 🤦🏼‍♀️ My other half is 6ft 3 but he even struggled getting me up. I’m a little sore this morning but it could of been a lot worse it could have been the top of the stairs. Got my wheelchair assessment today too. Janette x
    Janette x

Have a hug from me x

Comment

Oh that sounds terrible. It really shakes you after a fall. Stephen has fallen 4 times and it's getting increasingly more difficult for me to get him back up.
      I hope the wheelchair assessment goes well and you aren't too shaken by your fall.
      Denise 😙

Comment

Thank you to you both, yes it does shake you up, not looking forward to wheelchair assessment my OT has said I’m not guaranteed I’ll get one as I can still get round with my Walker, but I’d like to go out now and again. Janette x
        Janette x

Comment

Oh how awful for you both, Janette. Falls knock our confidence, as well as the physical knocks sustained!!

And how ironic you've a wheelchair assessment today😏 I know you're probably dreading the thoughts of needing a wheelchair (who wouldn't!!) but it meant more freedom for me - instead of having to shuffle slowly and hesitantly with a walker, I could safely zip from A to B in a wheelchair.

Hope the soreness goes quickly.

Love Ellie.

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi Jeanette I was given an NHS wheelchair a few months ago as I couldn't walk any distance outdoors. Its a manual one but was offered a powered one too.Not much spase in my house to get around in a wheelchair but I am glad of it to go outdoors with my hubby. I was told I can ask for another wheelchair assessment anytime by the wheelchair services team or if I want a powered chair.Hope all goes well for you. Best wishes Mary

Comment

Just got back from assessment it’s all good news I was approved for powerchair, they said I can use it now indoors and soon as my adaptations on the house are done then I can use it outdoors, I can’t believe how confident I was trying it out, I think it’s because I felt safe in it Janette x
              Janette x

Comment

Onward and upwards! (Not downwards)

Comment

Hi Janette,

So sorry about your fall . Its such a horrible feeling when you know you're going but can't stop yourself and it really knocks your confidence.

Great news about your powechair. Like most of us I resisted having one but it gives me so much more independence around the house and outside. Like you say it's important to feel safe.

Having said that we went to the park today. Having insisted I was perfectly fine to cross the grass I proceeded to get stuck in the mud. We were both laughing until it dawned on us we were in a spot of bother . Luckily I managed to skid out of it .

Take care Janette and I hope you don't have to wait too long for your chair,
                  Love Debbie x

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                    Onward and upwards! (Not downwards)
                    Definitely not downwards x
                    Janette x

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                      Hi Janette,

So sorry about your fall . Its such a horrible feeling when you know you're going but can't stop yourself and it really knocks your confidence.

Great news about your powechair. Like most of us I resisted having one but it gives me so much more independence around the house and outside. Like you say it's important to feel safe.

Having said that we went to the park today. Having insisted I was perfectly fine to cross the grass I proceeded to get stuck in the mud. We were both laughing until it dawned on us we were in a spot of bother . Luckily I managed to skid out of it .

Take care Janette and I hope you don't have to wait too long for your chair,
                      Love Debbie x
                      Thanks Debbie, I can’t wait now I’ve stayed in way too long, and I’ll remember about the grass 😂 you take care too Love Janette x
                      Janette x

Comment

Glad you got the wheelchair sorted Janette. Best wishes Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Mary C View Post
                          Glad you got the wheelchair sorted Janette. Best wishes Mary
                          Thank you Mary x next step....New car 🚗 x
                          Janette x

Comment

How are you today Janette - any bruises or soreness (apart from your ego 😁)

Love Ellie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                              How are you today Janette - any bruises or soreness (apart from your ego 😁)

Love Ellie.
                              Hi Ellie, I’m just achy & a sore butt, god knows how with the size it it 🤣 love Janette x
                              Janette x

Comment

Working...
                              X