• Barry52
    replied
    Thanks for explaining Gary.

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Originally posted by Heather R View Post
    Barry what is the text option on a phone? Must find out about that x
    Heather R you might find this interesting, although I've not used it.

https://www.relayuk.bt.com/

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    Barry what is the text option on a phone? Must find out about that x

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Well done and thank you Barry. X

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Hi Heather,

You can use the app on your phone either android or iOS. You can change the speed of the speech under settings and I always slow mine down. You rightly point out that speech is affected by stress and now I refuse to use the telephone unless there is a text option.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    That's great, Barry, sounds like a great idea. I am just getting to the stage that I dread having to sort things out verbally, and this dread makes my voice even worse. I have stored my voice with speak unique, and guess I need to get an iPad to use it, as my desktop is not that portable of course! It's interesting for me to hear another speak unique voice, I find that the voice sometimes doesn't leave enough time between sentences, and of course sounds fairly monotonous, but then again so much better than mine as it is!

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry52 View Post
    ... and that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
    And so it should, Barry - it was a very kind and thoughtful act.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    My daughters are both primary school teachers and I was discussing communication aids with them recently. One daughter has a young boy in her class who has speech issues. Although he has a speech app he feels awkward using it in front of the class. I guess some children are like adults when it comes to patience. I made a short video addressing him personally using my SpeakUnique voice. My daughter said his face lit up when she played it to him and that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    You're great, Barry, well done and thanks!

Really hope that the scheme is successful and that people with communication difficulties notice a genuine improvement in their retail/social experience.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Well done. You now have a fan club 😙

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Can I get an autograph please Barry? 👍

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Well done, Barry!

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    started a topic Communication symbol

Communication symbol

I assumed that MNDA would announce on the forum what they launched today and put on Facebook.

Since I appear in the video please don’t take this sharing as egotistical but I believe in increasing awareness of the problems people like me have when your voice fails. We hope that many businesses and organisations will adopt the practice and that in time the symbol will become as widely recognised as the wheelchair for disabled.

https://www.mndassociation.org/mnd-a...t0okqp0vkfk14u

Barry
    Last edited by Barry52; 12 November 2020, 22:45.
Working...
X