No announcement yet.

Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I'm afraid my original point was that I can't make the keyboard on my tablet or my IPhone larger I have no problem with a regular pc keyboard. I also think Siri and Alexa are for morons. 😄

Comment

I originally that siri and alexa was a good idea but the impression I get is you have to shout at them. If a slight west country accent is a problem then how the northern part of the country manages is a mystery! 😄

Comment

Hi Matthew, for iPhone you can increase a little bit within settings or as Ellie says there are apps you can get which offer larger keyboard
        but you will loose screen space.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTsDEeMx5VQ
        As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

Shaun you are a star 👍

Comment

If you want to enable predictive text in Windows, click on the Settings cog icon, enter Typing into the search box, then click on Show Text Suggestions, that should be useful for tying on any web page.

Typing settings (2).png
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Matthew, thank the assistive tech people, been using Ipad/ and Iphone for years didn’t know about the disabled access features, they also set me up with two big buttons as I couldn’t use a mouse (left/right click) such a simple thing and as I’m still working (from home) it was a godsend. My GP got me the referral , took about 4 weeks for them to do a home visit but glad they did
              s.

Comment

Shaun Do you use a mouse pad/roller ball/joystick to move the cursor, or how do you move it?

I used buttons as right & left clicks a few years ago.

Love Ellie.

Comment

Hello Ellie,
                  i move the mouse with my right hand as I have some grip and then punch the buttons with my left hand
                  I also use sticky keys

Comment

And it's working well, not too frustrating or laborious?

Comment

Fortunately my index finger works so can point and type, as for work stuff I’ve created a word doc with common statements and phrases and templates which I can copy and paste and delete bits I don’t want, that’s where control key as a sticky key comes in handy

Comment

Clever boy 👍 I am a fan of Word templates and shortcuts myself - necessity is the mother of invention, as they say!

Comment

Originally posted by Nettie View Post

I talk to Alexa through Text to speech, my speech is almost zilch now 😢 Janette x
                          I've been looking into smart home gadgets to make it easier for me to control various electrical items and often they are built around Alexa on Amazon Echo or Google Nest with a smart speaker listening for voice commands. I kept thinking that was no use to me because my wife can barely understand me now. It never crossed my mind to use text to speech to talk to a smart speaker. So, thanks for that Janette.
                          Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

I've changed my voice to American as I think it's less robotic. Just saying 😉😄

Comment

[QUOTE=GaryM;n34045]

I've been looking into smart home gadgets to make it easier for me to control various electrical items and often they are built around Alexa on Amazon Echo or Google Nest with a smart speaker listening for voice commands. I kept thinking that was no use to me because my wife can barely understand me now. It never crossed my mind to use text to speech to talk to a smart speaker. So, thanks for that Janette.You’re welcome Gary, I thought about getting the electrical items but my other half is old school and says what you need them for when you’ve got me lol 😂 Janette x
                              Janette x

Comment

Working...
                              X