Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun
    replied
    Weโ€™ve always struggled with Alexa and no speech issues apart from slight west.country accent, my wife would often row with it, turned off now not worth the stress
    have a look at accessibility in setttings on your iPad, there may be some other functions in there that might help
    summary of stuff can be found on

iPad provides many accessibility features to support your vision, interaction, hearing, and cognitive needs.

your android device will have similar features

Ellie , i guess Matthew was a train spotter in his youth, either that or he was nicking lead ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    I can't even make Alexa work. My best friend was the last to understand me until he couldn't. Happy Days ๐Ÿ˜„
    I talk to Alexa through Text to speech, my speech is almost zilch now ๐Ÿ˜ข Janette x

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I can't even make Alexa work. My best friend was the last to understand me until he couldn't. Happy Days ๐Ÿ˜„

Leave a comment:

• Shaun
    replied
    Matthew have you tried this. This message was written using voice control on my iPad

Sorry I canโ€™t remember if you still have voice
    but others might not be aware of this iPad functionality , it takes a little practise and you will have to speak with your posh voice
    shaun

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Both. ๐Ÿ˜„

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    iPad or a Windows tablet?

Needless to say, train yards has me stumped!

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    iPhone and tablet. I never listened when we were taught about computers. Something about train yards. ๐Ÿ˜„x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Matthew, just a thought; have you got the predictive text turned on - it saves a lot of keystrokes.

And what are you using - phone or laptop/tablet?

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Thank you very much guys I will investigate ๐Ÿ‘x

Leave a comment:

• Shaun
    replied
    And they are not medical people just techies
    s

Leave a comment:

• Shaun
    replied
    Matthew, why wonโ€™t you get assistive tech in they will probably have something in their van and you donโ€™t have to pay
    shaun

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    The problem with the larger on-screen keyboard is they can take up too much screen space, leaving you without a view of the page on which youโ€™re working. Have you tried to enlarge your own on-screen keyboard? Hot Virtual Keyboard is one option (cost about $30) but Iโ€™m not sure how easy it is to customise it.

You could try a plug-in keyboard with extra large keys? Have you seen any that might be suitable for your abilities? What about Shaun's suggestion?

I am of course going to suggest that you contact your assistive technology service to see what they can offer, but I know thatโ€™s unlikely to happen, which is a shame as thatโ€™s what they're there for. Hopefully youโ€™ll prove me wrong ๐Ÿ˜

Leave a comment:

• Shaun
    replied
    HelloMatthew
    have a look at

This Big Button Keyboard has Large Keys, Non-Fade Large Print Letters & 2 x Extra 2 USB Ports. Very Easy to Use Keyboard, Ideal for the Visually Impaired.

Shaun

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    started a topic Help needed

Help needed

Does anyone produce online or anywhere a keyboard that has extra large buttons? It's bad enough having to type without constantly hitting the back button. ๐Ÿ˜ 
Working...
X