My first proper fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graham View Post
    I raise a glass to all you brave souls who are still in denial.

Takes me back years when I fell through a pane of glass at the bottom of the stairs, splitting my head on the edge of door needing 10 stiches, losing a tooth toppling like a log. I did the toilet too but as I fell, I span and ended up sitting on the toilet. Result!! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

Given the dangers involved I think it should be an Olympic sport with points for danger and technique. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Put me down for the gold medal Graham
    Iโ€™m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Wow thanks guys, I have been well and truly warned! x
      Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Heather, just to make matters worse - it takes very little for us to lose balance and to keel over like a felled tree, without the notion of an arm going out to break the fall
        โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

It's a shame there isn't some kind of training in how to fall.

Comment

We all learn the hard way ๐Ÿฅบ
            Janette x

Comment

Parachuting, judo and probably more sports teach you how to fall but I guess that's ok if you have time to react. I used to wear stupid high heel shoes and was forever falling. It got to the stage where I used to think 'oh here we go' on the way down which made me relax and I think saved me from a lot of injury. ๐Ÿค•

Comment

Years ago my brother got drunk and jumped into the harbour. Trouble was the tide had gone out. He broke his back. Doc told him that being drunk saved his life as he was relaxed when he landed. Catch 22 in real life don't you think?

Comment

What happened about his back? Being relaxed definitely helps.

Comment

Still giving gip 40 years later. Alcohol is legal, should it be? ๐Ÿค”

Comment

It killed my brother

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                        It killed my brother
                        And mine Denise aged 36 however I enjoy a drink but recognise my limits which with MND are very low.
                        Iโ€™m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

My brother wasn't very old he left two young children. I don't drink but I don't have a problem with those that want to.

Comment

My father and my childhood friend both to booze. I was even married to a recovering alcoholic. These days I just have brandy in coffee because I can. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment

Yes I don't get it. Alcohol is responsible for so much and yet it's available everywhere. It doesn't make sense. For those that seek help it's usually too late.

Comment

Working...
                              X