MND and Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MND and Cancer

After being diagnosed with PMA in Jan 2020, a cancer was found in my thyroid at the same time.
    After two operations to remove my thyroid, and radioactive iodine treatment I am clear of the cancer.
    There seem to be more fuss about the cancer at the hospital than there was regarding MND however.
    I remember explaining to the cancer nurse who wanted to take blood, that I could not remove my coat because of my MND. Her face dropped and she said how sorry she was that I had MND and cancer. It cheered her up no end when I said cancer can be cured, MND can't.
    Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
    Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
    Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Oh my days, what a double whammy... Who did you pee off in a previous life 😮😉

Congrats on being cancer free 👍 Just wish I could say the same about the PMA 😪

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Beemer that is truly so bad luck for you. So pleased you are out of the woods with the cancer. Sounds to me you are quite a positive person, which is great and necessary with MND.x

Comment

Beemer very glad to hear you have been given the cancer all clear a while ago. I had to have surgery following a cancer diagnosis. They were fab, in the unit, its a very organised approach for this particular cancer and they did extra checks re the mnd eg good chat with the anaesthetist. Like you, when the surgeon said 'it is treatable' its something positive to focus on. Let's hope mnd is soon treatable too!!
        Olivia x
        Last edited by Olivia H; 10 January 2022, 00:09.

Comment

Beemer that’s such hard luck, but well done getting through to the all clear with the cancer x
          Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Working...
          X