Being mute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being mute

Now that I am unable to form words a horrible new reality is revealed. People think that because I have nothing to say there is no point in talking to me. If you know someone who is like me then please God talk to them. ๐Ÿ˜ž
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

matthew55 my offer is genuine and still there anytime

Comment

Check your inbox ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

I talk to everything and anyone. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Comment

For every rule there is an exception ๐Ÿ˜„x

Comment

Hi Matthew ,that must be so hard not to be able to speak and of course something we all dread.Thank goodness there is technology that hopefully offers some form of communication.To be excluded from conversation must be so hard.I have tried to explain to family and friends if the time comes when my speech is no longer I do still want to hear there news as normal.I hope you have some technology stuff that helps you communicate somehow.Best wishes to you .Mary

Comment

Mathew, it is horrid to feel that you are being ignored where others are chatting. I remember about twelve months ago we were having a meal out with family (my husbandโ€™s side). Everybody was talking around the table. I tried to join in but they couldnโ€™t hear me over their own loud voices and I couldnโ€™t talk any louder also I was slower than Iโ€™d been before. Itโ€™s was so hard, frustrating and tiring that I gave up. On the way home my husband said to me โ€œyou were quiet tonight.โ€ I could have cried.

I can still speak but only in short bursts and then it goes. My husband frequently gets the wrong end of the stick because he responds to what I have said thus far. I have had to say hundreds of times โ€œI hadnโ€™t finished and I was going to say ......(this).โ€ Also when I speak to him 6 out of 10 times he says โ€œwhat was thatโ€ so I have to repeat myself often and sometimes the same thing 2 or 3 times. Go figure! I have no such problem with my daughter. We chat, she waits for me to finish. Thatโ€™s nice. Oh for a solution with those who donโ€™t get it. Love and hugs ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿค—, Lynne
              Last edited by Lynne K; 5 December 2020, 22:47.
              ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

I finally get why people kill themselves ๐Ÿ˜ž

Comment

I get why people kill others.
                  oh Lynne I read your email earlier this morning. I was so angry and upset I couldn't say anything. I would like to box your husbands ears. What an insensitive (nasty swear word) he is and his whole family. Honestly I am so ๐Ÿ‘น I'm stuck for words. If I'd been there I would have embarrassed them into taking notice. Not in a horrible way but in a way that they would recognise what ignorant people they are. Love and hugs to you. I would wipe them all off your Christmas list.
                  ๐Ÿ˜˜

Comment

Being ignored and having the lifestyle of a new born without the love, oh and if I'm lucky I will be a living statue. Yes I do understand. ๐Ÿ˜ 

Comment

Thanks Denise, you certainly understand that situation but they are all totally different one to one, nice people. I think that itโ€™s ignorance when they have no thoughts for the person with speech problems (me in that instance). We donโ€™t want people to make a fuss of us, well I donโ€™t but consideration would go a long way. About my husband: Iโ€™m working on it as always. Love Lynne
                      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Go get him Lynne suppose when everyone is eating and drinking they don't even listen to each other.
                        love and hugs Denise xx

Comment

Sadly the people who know how to talk to a mute are rare and wonderful things. Travel a mile in my shoes if you want to understand. ๐Ÿ™‚x

Comment

You shout but nobody hears - see you on the Dark side of the Moon
                            Last edited by jd58; 6 December 2020, 16:41.

Comment

Working...
                            X