Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jd58
    replied
    Jf i ever fell over all hell breaks loose the phone rings to see if I'm ok. If I don't answer paramedics are dispatched

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    I'd have one of them daleks to get around. Social distancing would be easy just exterminate everyone and no need to wear a mask.
    Have to say k9 wasn't looking his best 😎

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    I hadn't seen those before, Graham. I'll have to check if the local mobility shop stocks them.

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    I can recommend one of these walking aids that come with rather useful attachments Gary.

Spike Milligan - Pakistani Daleks - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Thanks Lynne
    Stephen is behaving a bit more after I read him the riot act and told him I'd lock him in. πŸ™„
    the thing is if you have a fall and it frightens you into not walking won't the muscles become such that it becomes more difficult. Also if you walk about thinking about walking it becomes more difficult. I don't know why but if you look at the floor or stairs then more likely to end up with a close up. If you look ahead more likely to stay upright. I don't know I worry myself silly about Stephen walking then he falls getting up from a chair! 😦

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Thanks for the support everyone. Beemer , it is a bit of a dilemma if I go out (not doing much of that at the moment) knowing what to do for the best. I have a wheelchair on loan from a relative, but I've not actually taken it anywhere yet. I used to love walking and did a lot of hill-walking until recently, but now walking around the block seems risky. The OT suggested always taking the wheelchair in case my legs tired. Having said all that, none of us have been out much in the last year have we.

Leave a comment:

• Beemer
    replied
    Hi Gary, I sympathise, it is quite worrying to go out walking knowing that if I trip my arms will not/cannot break my fall. It has happened to me a few times, once it got me a trip to hospital and 12 stitches in my head. Other occasions, less dramatic, but often need help to get back up as both arms all but useless.
    I have a rollator, but do not use it (yet) as legs have just enough strength to get up the stairs and do the 1 mile walk with the dog and wife every evening, avoiding the ice.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Denise, that must be a real worry that you can certainly do without. I hope that Stephen takes your advice or makes better decisions of his own. Love Lynne x
    Last edited by Lynne K; 9 January 2021, 18:13.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    I hope that you we’re too sore from your bathroom fall yesterday. I did similar one time re crawling into the bedroom to get up onto the bed. I’d been leaning over to pick some up off that floor.

I hope that your OT and/or Physio find solutions for you. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    GaryM Peter Kaye, one of my favourite comedians, thanks! No matter how often I watch him, I'm guaranteed to be belly laugh (though these days, I sound hyena-esque!!) x
    He's definitely mine. He doesn't live far from me and we've seen him in a local restaurant a few years ago. We've got most of his tour DVDs and all the TV series. Never get tired of watching them.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    GaryM Peter Kaye, one of my favourite comedians, thanks! No matter how often I watch him, I'm guaranteed to be belly laugh (though these days, I sound hyena-esque!!) x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Yes but if you suddenly fall and bang your head. Stephen just lifted himself off the chair and fell forward. Sounds like Gary did the same.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Well I have moth balled it for now. My legs and arms are still fine, it's just my throat that's the problem. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Matthew even if you give a false alarm it's better to chance that than be left alone possibly injured. I'm sure they'd understand. They must have some kind of plan for those that can't speak. You should look into it. πŸ™„

Leave a comment:

• richard
    replied
    Welcome to the club Gary πŸ˜‚ My last fall resulted in an ambulance as I couldn’t get up and a visit to casualty. Fortunately nothing broken.
    Richard

Leave a comment:

Working...
X