Reasons to be cheerful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasons to be cheerful

25 years ago I met a woman who had MS and back then little was known about it and even some who thought it wasn't a real malady. Today I am watching a film made by Netflix in 2017 in which one of the main characters has MS and it is mentioned in it several times. I'm saying this because every time I visit a hospital or GP I check the large display of 'how to' leaflets but I have never found one for how to live with MND. Good things come to those who wait. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜x
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

It would just have one line in it saying "Don't make any plans" 😁
    Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

When I worked for the nhs/pct I put together a few how to brochures. All I can say is looking at everyone's different situation it would have to be a big leaflet. πŸ€”

Comment

My point is that newly diagnosed people like us go to that rack and MND isn't mentioned. I remember thinking why couldn't I have got cancer 😁x
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

By the time they've figured out you have it you probably know what you needed to know coming on here.

Comment

Think yourself lucky, neurology dept at my hospital is located within care for elderly department, so none of the leaflets are relevant, at least I’m prepared if I get past 65 πŸ˜‚
            As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

Working...
            X